Lt. Commander
# 11
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
It's been a while now to I could be remembering in correctly, but I thought everyone received a free character creation slot when they unlocked the unlocked the Klingon faction. Assuming I am remembering correctly (which is assuming a lot) then you are getting something specifically for the purpose of leveling a Klingon character and that seems fair to me. As for choice, you can chose to use or chose not to use.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
None of the things you purchased in the C-Store on Holo follows your Holo character if you transfer it over to Tribble.
right so when i talk about the 2 I've lost, I'm referring to holodeck, otherwise I'd be down more than 2 i had 8 slots, I've got 6 now on holo and only 3 on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
It's been a while now to I could be remembering in correctly, but I thought everyone received a free character creation slot when they unlocked the unlocked the Klingon faction. Assuming I am remembering correctly (which is assuming a lot) then you are getting something specifically for the purpose of leveling a Klingon character and that seems fair to me. As for choice, you can chose to use or chose not to use.
right they unlocked a SLOT, but it wasn't FORCED on you. it is now. It is a choice taken from the current players. Couple that with the now apparent change for the foundry character its 2 slots folks are losing when we had choice before, now. you do not.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Odd, it doesn't make much sense to unlock a faction, provide a free slot, and then not have it be specific to the newly unlocked faction. If it wasn't that way (which I somehow got it in my head that it was) I'm glad that they have changed it. At least we can still acquire more universal slots if we so desire.

We unlocked a faction and earned a free slot with which to play that faction. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Odd, it doesn't make much sense to unlock a faction, provide a free slot, and then not have it be specific to the newly unlocked faction. If it wasn't that way (which I somehow got it in my head that it was) I'm glad that they have changed it. At least we can still acquire more universal slots if we so desire.

We unlocked a faction and earned a free slot with which to play that faction. I like it.
and with the current system you could do it too, so clearly nothing was wrong with that. Now, if you don't want to play KDF that slot you /had/ is now gone to you, useless, whereas before you could use it. IT takes away from those who don't want to play a certain side or faction because they don't want to. Once you unlock KDF you can go all KDF, but once you unlock KDF you can't go all Fed. seems a bit off to me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Since it was probably intended to encourage people to try out the other faction in the first place, this is a good change. It wouldn't be the first thing they did wrong and had to go back to fix. People benefited from an oversight for this long, as long as no characters were deleted or no one lost something they paid for, I think this was a good move.

Give Klinks a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Since it was probably intended to encourage people to try out the other faction in the first place, this is a good change. It wouldn't be the first thing they did wrong and had to go back to fix. People benefited from an oversight for this long, as long as no characters were deleted or no one lost something they paid for, I think this was a good move.

Give Klinks a chance.
No, its a half baked faction that should be the immediate priority, instead it appears they have to wait ** for the content the deserve. I've tried it, didn't like it. I unlocked a character SLOT that allowed me to roll KDF if I WANT to not be FORCED to.

if that is going to be the case then we need a FORCED Fed toon that has to be kept in order to have the KDF, what's fair, is fair, it goes both ways or it gets the hose (humor!)

I prefer the option of choice over force basically, I've tried KDF didn't like it for the above reasons. I want equal choice thats all.

** based on a suspect post, it could be as high as Q3 of next year**
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-22-2011, 05:19 PM
ya know, you got a bnch od Tribble only Cryptic points.. WHy not just buy yourself a couple extra slots with 'em.?

I have..nothing you buy on the tribble c-store you get anywhere else.. so spend the points.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
ya know, you got a bnch od Tribble only Cryptic points.. WHy not just buy yourself a couple extra slots with 'em.?

I have..nothing you buy on the tribble c-store you get anywhere else.. so spend the points.
because I flat out REFUSE to reward them with anymore money until they fix some major things with the game, one of them being KDF content and on top of that I've already bout slots and LOST them, I'm not going to allow it to happen twice.

They got me for a years worth of subs and a lifetime, not a dime more until they make some serious strides game wise to show me that they're worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-22-2011, 06:25 PM
It's like a title from completing a mission or accolade. Maybe you don't like that title from completing that specific mission so you don't use it. But you certainly don't expect them to change it to suit your liking. That's how this is. They fixed something. I can think of a hundred other things I'd rather they fixed but this really isn't a significant issue.

Given the nonexistent new content I'm not thrilled with the amount of stuff that has been taken away (veteran Emblems, VA tokens, and so on) but at least this correction makes sense. I actually full agree with your stance on not rewarding them further by the way. They got my LTS but I expect to see much more before I give them anything else.