Lt. Commander
# 21
11-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
because I flat out REFUSE to reward them with anymore money until they fix some major things with the game, one of them being KDF content and on top of that I've already bout slots and LOST them, I'm not going to allow it to happen twice.

They got me for a years worth of subs and a lifetime, not a dime more until they make some serious strides game wise to show me that they're worth it.
How is using Tribble test points giving them money?
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Kristov
How is using Tribble test points giving them money?
Let me answer this by saying I wont' spent ANY points on anything I have already bought, I have it I'm not buying it twice. Doing so gives them false data that they can use to manipulate the C store to make more money.

Give us back the choice, or make it 1 Fed 1 open and 1 KDF. Anything else is a shaft of the player base....
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Let me answer this by saying I wont' spent ANY points on anything I have already bought, I have it I'm not buying it twice. Doing so gives them false data that they can use to manipulate the C store to make more money.

Give us back the choice, or make it 1 Fed 1 open and 1 KDF. Anything else is a shaft of the player base....
I think you are missing his point. The C-Store Points you have on Tribble exist only on Tribble. They aren't real money. You didn't pay for them. Cryptic gave them to you to test out the Tribble C-Store.

Holodeck C-Store points ARE REAL MONEY.

Whatever you bought on Holodeck is NOT unlocked on Tribble. So if you bought character slots on Holodeck, they won't show up on Tribble. The C-Stores between the two servers are NOT linked.

As much as I dislike many of the changes coming, I have to defend them on this. They are not trying to rip you off or make you purchase something twice. What happens on Tribble, stays on Tribble. Tribble has no bearing on your Holodeck experience.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Aye, but assuming he's spent all of his tribble points then the only way to get more is to buy real c-store points. I can't blame him for not wanting to buy more real points so he's stuck waiting for the next stipend (assuming one is coming) or something like that.

Yes it sucks that something was taken away but at least in this case it made sense to do so. It's a free Klingon (specifically) character slot as it always should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMord-ST
I think you are missing his point. The C-Store Points you have on Tribble exist only on Tribble. They aren't real money. You didn't pay for them. Cryptic gave them to you to test out the Tribble C-Store.

Holodeck C-Store points ARE REAL MONEY.

Whatever you bought on Holodeck is NOT unlocked on Tribble. So if you bought character slots on Holodeck, they won't show up on Tribble. The C-Stores between the two servers are NOT linked.

As much as I dislike many of the changes coming, I have to defend them on this. They are not trying to rip you off or make you purchase something twice. What happens on Tribble, stays on Tribble. Tribble has no bearing on your Holodeck experience.
except the lost slots, are on holodeck. NOT tribble. I know the points are free I'm well aware of what they are for, I've spent them on things I would buy from them, not crap I have already. So yeah, I'm STILL missing two character slots on HOLODECK. at least ONE of which I either earned or bought.

this is about fairness and choice, both of which are not currently happening. Please, understand everything you keep telling me, I know, and it not what this is about.

Choice was taken, it shouldn't be. If you like having choice taken away from you fine, I don't and I'm expressing my thoughts on it here.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Aye, but assuming he's spent all of his tribble points then the only way to get more is to buy real c-store points. I can't blame him for not wanting to buy more real points so he's stuck waiting for the next stipend (assuming one is coming) or something like that.

Yes it sucks that something was taken away but at least in this case it made sense to do so. It's a free Klingon (specifically) character slot as it always should have been.
no, it doesn't it unfairly punishes a section of your playerbase for no other reason than to do so. CHoice is never bad, I think once it goes open you should have all on either side, not punish a section of your playerbased because they want to play one faction only.

if this is the case I think they should make engineers not be able to fly science ships... its the same concept. remove choice from a select group, based on what they want to play...
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Or anything you get for completing a mission should be exchangeable for something you'd rather have, right?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
no, it doesn't it unfairly punishes a section of your playerbase for no other reason than to do so. CHoice is never bad, I think once it goes open you should have all on either side, not punish a section of your playerbased because they want to play one faction only.
Like the KDF.
We have been punished through apathy for a while now due to our 18% playerbase given the meaning that we did not deserve attention in all that time.

Is the forced Charatcer slot taking away from the number of slots you normally have availible?

If its just an extra slot for non-fed play and you lose nothing for having it, whats the issue?
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Like the KDF.
We have been punished through apathy for a while now due to our 18% playerbase given the meaning that we did not deserve attention in all that time.

Is the forced Charatcer slot taking away from the number of slots you normally have availible?

If its just an extra slot for non-fed play and you lose nothing for having it, whats the issue?
Roach you know I agree with the KDF thought 100% With the potential time frame for the much promised "MASSIVE" KDF overhaul going on for what, almost a year now?

Yes it is, we have 3 slots, per the matrix, once you unlock the KDF one slot goes KDF only. Meaning that someone like myself who plays Fed only loses that slot, and in reality would only have 2 slots free and would have to buy one. The issue boils down to choice, it has been taken away from us. Nothing more than that, Give me the choice back or force the KDF to have a Fed toon, fair for all, nor nothing at all. Same can be said for the KDF content to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Its bad enough I've lost 2 slots on holodeck to some unknown reason, but now you want to enforce on tribble character types? I have earned or bought the slots I have, I HAD 7 open slots on holodeck, now, I've got 6 even after removing my foundry character. Forcing a faction onto a slot is not cool. It IS removing a choice I had before hand and it is removing something from me I've bought or earned. This needs to go back to the way it was before, open choice, let me play who I want, if I want all KDF, I should have it, if I want all Fed I should have it. Telling me I have an empty slot but only if i play who you want to to play, is not cool at all.
Only players who create accounts after Dec 1st will have faction restricted character slots. Silver players get one Fed slot and one KDF slot. This should be a boon to the klingon faction.

Gold players who start after Dec 1 will get one Fed slot, one KDF slot, and one unrestricted slot. All C-Store character slots and slots awarded for veteran rewards are also not faction restricted. All slots for players who have accounts before Dec 1 are grandfathered in so they don't have faction restrictions.

To repeat, no existing or previous STO subscriber will have their existing character slots restricted by faction.