Lt. Commander
# 61
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
That would certainly make for a bigger mess, though I think the BS flies well enough at times as it is.
Depends on who flings it my friend.
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Funny you should mention that. In season 5 you will be able to change the type of costume slots, so for example, you can use your existing off duty costume slot for a uniform, or have multiple off-duty costumes using slots purchased from the c-store.

This was done to support the elite armor costumes, which required their own costume slot type.
So they can't be mixed with existing costumes?
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Man
Just want to remind you that Tribble is a Test Server. You are playing the way they want you to play so they can test what they want you to test. Even if that testing is just playing the way you normally would so that they can collect data about that. The restrictions are there for testing reasons. This will not transfer over to holodeck. Atleast that is my understanding.

Hope this helps.
I 2nd this.

How many characters do you need?

I don't think we need this kind of thread about a testing server, it will always change to suit the testing they need and I doubt they have time to read things like this when considering all our toons on tribble will eventually be deleted anyway. We will test under their conditions.

I suspect your not using it for testing changes but to test changes to a build before you do it on holodeck, sure I may be wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Existing players keep their existing unrestricted slots. Nobody is losing anything.

To be totally clear, people who played STO before Dec 1, 2011 will have unrestricted slots. Faction restrictions on slots are only for gold and silver players who start the game after Dec 1.
quick question about this, does the tribble build recognize this? My frustration started with the HOLODECK build losing 2 slots just so you know, not tribble. I'm down 2 slots on holodeck and the 1 locked KDF only slot on tribble.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Keeping things as they are now for the current players (all of us) but making it faction specific for the new players (who won't know the difference anyway) seems like a reasonable compromise. And aren't we talking about just one slot anyway?

I'm sorry, but there are a hundred other things more worthy of being up in arms about.
this is your opinion, based on your game play style, for others, its a big deal, and as such to them its worthy. Just like you have your things that you wish to see changed. Some think this is a big deal, and as such just as your opinion on your matters is valid, the folks who hold this as a big deal have just as valid of a reason to complain.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
I 2nd this.

I don't think we need this kind of thread about a testing server, it will always change to suit the testing they need and I doubt they have time to read things like this when considering all our toons on tribble will eventually be deleted anyway. We will test under their conditions.

I suspect your not using it for testing changes but to test changes to a build before you do it on holodeck, sure I may be wrong?
Need, 1
Want, I had 8 for a reason. I WANTED them, and as such i spent time energy and money on them. What you think is your own opinion and is just as valid as the opinion presented here. You are not in a position in which you can dictate what is and is not valid or needed here. as it is, this started based off a Holodeck condition that caused me to look into the state of it on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Depends on who flings it my friend.
Very true, very true
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
I 2nd this.

I think that was one of the intentions in cowpressing the skill tree to remove the need to go totally alt-o-holic and roll an alt just to be able to use a different set of weapons on a ship without respecing all the time. At this point, you will still need an alt per class which is fine, although because of the lack of SP, you are still sort of forced to choose a type of ship to fly and stick with that one.