Lt. Commander
# 21
11-18-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm all for new signs that are easier for the incoming horde of F2P players to read - so they don't ask us "Where's XYZ Place/Character/Thing/Sulu" one hundred thousand times, but can we please get signs that at least look like they fit into the Star Trek universe? As for the icons over people's heads, I think its a great idea. Solves a lot of the "where is such and such again?" issues that even us people who have been around since the beginning have from time to time, but some of them need an art pass or at the very least a color pass.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I like the idea of the new signs, but like many people on here are saying, they do not fit in this game. When you look around and see the great detail in the game and how everything has a certain flow, then you see the cartoonish icons floating around it kind of ruins the whole setting for me. Don't get me wrong they are really well designed and thought out, I just don't think that they fit in at their current state.

Edit: Where did all the detail go as well, looking around it looks pretty drab and miserable!! Did Starfleet ration power or something? And the text used looks like it right out of notepad!
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM
It seems so obvious to me that I'm startled other people have not even considered it.

Guys, the new labels are obviously placeholders.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-18-2011, 06:44 PM
The signs would be OK if not for the directional triangles. They look so out of place, im not sure how it got past any kind of internal control. Seriously, when was the last time we saw a triangle pointing >, in Star Trek?

The signs themselves are well done though.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-18-2011, 07:50 PM

-Recalling memory-

Yes...

Yes....

--Recalling walkthrough ESD---

Hmmmm...

This is not Standard Starfleet design.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
It seems so obvious to me that I'm startled other people have not even considered it.

Guys, the new labels are obviously placeholders.
I don't consider it to be obvious at all; I don't see the need for placeholders. There are currently signs in place; wait until the new ones are ready, then implement them.

The style of these signs is an ill fit.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Uh, ThomastheCrypticCat has made no indication that these logos are placeholders. He's actually pointed out how much time he spent on them. I'd like to THINK they're placeholders, but that's not the case.

From a canon perspective, I don't like the holograms either. When have you ever seen holographic signs in Star Trek? Star Wars sure. Star Trek? No.

Well actually I'll make an exception to that. The new departmental logos are pretty dang cool.

So to sum up...

New icons are too cartoonish
Hologram idea doesn't really feel right in Star Trek
New departmental logos/patches are cool
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-19-2011, 06:19 PM
I agree. The icons are nice as icons, but they just don't fit Star Trek. I agree with the other poster who said they seem like they belong more in CO than ST... this is exactly right.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-19-2011, 09:39 PM
This is not meant to put a fire to the creative works, being on done Tribble.

But when something is not pleasing to the eye...it is not pleasing to the eye.

Window (Dressing)Style
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
This is not meant to put a fire to the creative works, being on done Tribble.

But when something is not pleasing to the eye...it is not pleasing to the eye.

Window (Dressing)Style
Thomas the Cat created them...,

But I think Roger the Rabbit Approved them...