Lt. Commander
# 31
11-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah, my two year old likes them. If he has kids maybe they picked them out?

If I have a suggestion or a better idea for replacement I will post it. As it stands most of what we suggest rarely makes it in game for various reasons or excuses. Just look at the state of pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Just got a chance to check out the changes involving icons and must say i like the one above the vendors but the new ones on the walls not so much (sorry TC) the font doesn't fit and the whole change seems to cheapen the experience, doesn't fit visually, unlike the previous versions.

Keep up the great work STO's getting better and better.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-20-2011, 02:46 PM
The new signs are easy to find and easy to comprehend.

They are also utterly and completely immersion-breaking.

This isn't a starfleet starbase - it's an 80's shopping mall.

Same goes for the new icons over NPC's. Too day-glo.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Just occurred to me that the Black Boxes the new Icons are in does not help either.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm mixed, the signs themselves stick out like a sore thumb, but a lot of the new icons that Thomas has decided are a vast improvement, they actually display what the vendor is therefore and what currency they take without having to scroll through. A welcome improvement in my book.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I'm sorry if it insulted Thomas, but I'm not going to sugar coat things. To me the old signs were much more Starfleet, while the new ones are more what you see downtown.

As for the Stateroom, might as well move that down to StarFleet Academy since it's an auditorium setting. And repurpose that area for something else, like a real Medical Center than the closet by Admin.
OMG --- are you serious? There are so many broken things that really need fixing. I am tired of Cryptic wasting resources 'fixing' things that are not broken. We can't even sit in chairs and you want all of the Stateroom and Med center overhauled from the ground up? WTH for? What does any kind of player (RP, PVP, etc) gain from that? I'm sorry if I'm a little 'hot' in my response, but I would be interested to hear a real answer/discussion from you on what you think the value is in massive changes to ESD like the ones you have proposed.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
OMG --- are you serious? There are so many broken things that really need fixing. I am tired of Cryptic wasting resources 'fixing' things that are not broken. We can't even sit in chairs and you want all of the Stateroom and Med center overhauled from the ground up? WTH for? What does any kind of player (RP, PVP, etc) gain from that? I'm sorry if I'm a little 'hot' in my response, but I would be interested to hear a real answer/discussion from you on what you think the value is in massive changes to ESD like the ones you have proposed.
Whoaaa.. it was just a suggestion...,

I don't think the poster meant for it to be something moved to the top of the TO-DO list right away.

WOW..., the Frustration Level is starting to sky-rocket around here.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-21-2011, 09:38 AM
As I've said in all the other threads on this topic, I don't care for the new signage.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
There seems to be quite a consensus with the community on this so far:

- Yes, we need better navigational tools, both in corridors, by/above vendors and on the mini-map.

- Yes, they should look trek in font, layout, colour and style but without hindering clarity.

- NO, they should not look cartoony and unprofessional like they are on tribble.

The only disagreement seems to be whether or not people like the designs at all whether in a trek context or not. My opinion is that I think they would look low quality whatever the environment. Other people have a different view on this though I think most would say they currently detract from the Trek experience rather than add to.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Several people have mentioned a scene from the pilot ep of TNG -- oddly those same people have not mentioned a little scene from the tutorial mission of an old MMO that used to be around called STO.

Tutorial mission
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ialMission.jpg