Lt. Commander
i have a few problems.
1 you need a bulk way to buy these.. buying one at a time is bad. its raking my nerves.

2nd the cost for crafting is high. mk xi item weapon is 12,450 dilithium ...==== 3 comoon 12 rare and 42 uncommon. thats alot. a mk xi consol is 6440 dilithium=== 64 uncommon and 4 common.
and aegis part is 15040 dilithium ===== 15rare and 4 common. the cost is still so high... why not lower it....
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowkiller75
i have a few problems.
1 you need a bulk way to buy these.. buying one at a time is bad. its raking my nerves.

2nd the cost for crafting is high. mk xi item weapon is 12,450 dilithium ...==== 3 common 12 rare and 42 uncommon. thats alot. a mk xi console is 6440 dilithium=== 64 uncommon and 4 common.
and aegis part is 15040 dilithium ===== 15rare and 4 common. the cost is still so high... why not lower it....
Heretic has already posted that They are going to put Bulk Purchasing into the Vendor...

I agree with the costs still being too outlandish.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Your math is a little off.

12 rare =12000
64 uncommon = 6400
3 common =30

Total 18430

It is definitely confusing the way they did it. why not 18 rares and 4 uncommon 3 common?

But I agree, crafting dilithium costs need reduced.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Really glad all three of my admirals have the Aegis set already. Wouldn't want to try and buy it after the "new and improved" crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
Really glad all three of my admirals have the Aegis set already. Wouldn't want to try and buy it after the "new and improved" crafting.
Ahh.. it's probably nerfed anyway...

(tryin to justify in my own mind, not bustin-my-hump to get it, with my newest toon on Tribble)

Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 12:58 AM
yea my math maybe off it was at a glance. BUT ITS STILL TOO HIGH....... please lower cost.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2011, 01:06 AM
It is too much. Very Rare MK XI Weapons were 42,000 Dilthium!

And most people will have like 340,000 Dlithium when F2P Goes live, which drastically hurts crafters because they would only be able to craft no more than 6 or 7 Mk XI items! And to grind 42,000 Dilthium would take anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks with a hardcore player.

I thought the changes were to help crafters, instead it made it harder for them to even exist.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowkiller75
You missed an uncommon materials block..

Anyway, that still makes it about 15-20% cheaper than it was before the material blocks were implemented. In fact, most items seem to have had such a reduction.

What I am more concerned with is that ship weapons Mk XI have actually increased in Dilithium price. Not a lot, 'only' about 1000 dilithium more, but I still don't like that trend. Prices should be going further away from what the vendor offers, not closer to them.

But then again, since all others items have had their dilithium price reduced, that may have just been an oversight, to be fixed in an upcoming patch. Here's hoping...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS84 View Post
What I am more concerned with is that ship weapons Mk XI have actually increased in Dilithium price. Not a lot, 'only' about 1000 dilithium more, but I still don't like that trend. Prices should be going further away from what the vendor offers, not closer to them.

But then again, since all others items have had their dilithium price reduced, that may have just been an oversight, to be fixed in an upcoming patch. Here's hoping...
I think the dilithium cost before the change was just shy of 32,000 dilithium (I remember that it was going to take 4 days of dilithium to craft some of the Mark XI purple ship weapons), so the reduction is about 48% or thereabouts.

The price for the Mark XI purple weapons is now:
12 rare 'unreplicatable materials' @ 1000 dilithium each= 12,000
42 uncommons @ 100 dilithium each = 4200
3 commons @ 10 each = 30
or a total of 16,230

It's still too high for my taste, too, but it is a reduction rather than an increase.

Edit: Ah, I just noticed 'Crafting Event' in the 'Today's Events' calendar. That should be an interesting event.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-27-2011, 03:09 AM
I just went to have a look at crafting today, I had put it off for a couple of weeks.

I really dislike the new change, now it seems I need to grind even more supplies for crafting beside the usual Stellar Components, but now Dilithium as well to buy unreplicateables? THis seems like double dipping to me.

First I understand the idea that you don't use Dilithium to actually craft but the new materials just seem an additional step in the system.

Second, unless there is some other method for me to acquire the new material besides buying it with Dilithium (and what seems like so much to me) then casual players who want to do a little crafting of some cool high end stuff have no chance.

This new method basically says, if you want to craft you need to farm dilithium, and frankly I do enough farming irl that I don't want to come home and have to do the same.

Please, at least add in Unreplicateables to DOFF missions. If I'm already sending people out to study anomalies and unidentified phenomena, can't I tell them to bring back some samples? cause tier rate of dilithium return has only ever seemed like a nice bonus but nothing to really acquire the large quantities you need.

- Raith