Lt. Commander
# 1 More Mini Games
11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
There are several games that people play on Star Trek that would be a lot of fun. They could add more depth to the game, giving more options for game play.

Velocity This is a game played in the holodeck, where people shoot a disk, with a phaser and try and hit their opponent with it. You could shoot it and get it to bounce off walls or shoot it to knock it straight at your opponent.

Hover Ball I have heard it mentioned a few times. I have never heard how it was played, but it could be a game where the players hover. Trying to throw a ball through a goal in the wall, on each end of the room. It could be pretty high on the wall and could be banked off walls.

Parisi Squares This is a game played with a ion mallet and ramps. I was thinking it was a game based on lacrosse but instead of catching and throwing the ball. You would try to knock to other players and into goals.

Tsunkatse This was full contact fighting in a arena in the delta quadrant. This could be done with the melee combos we have. They might could add a few more.

Phaser Game This was a game on TNG played in the holodeck. There was a circle in the center of the room. That two players stood in, one side yellow and the other one blue. Targets would fly around the room and they would change colors. You would shoot the target when it turned into the color of the side you were standing in.

These games would have high replay value. They could also sell costumes for these games, in c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Don't forget Damjant (sp?)

And what you called the phaser game was actually called the phaser range. At least it was when Worf and Guinan were in there.

And what was that one game with the sideways baskets and tennis racket-looking things Wesley played with Picard?

And Jam-something, where Riker and his father make up with eachother? They wore blinder helmets and had these sticks that reacted to esnsors on each end. The goal was to knock the other player out of the ring. They also wore what looked like old school motorcycle outfits.

OH, and Klingon arm wrestling--with knives awaiting the loser.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Remember the scene in ds9 with 2 nausicans threwing darts at each other?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Remember the scene in ds9 with 2 nausicans threwing darts at each other?
That was funny, maybe that could be a Nausican specific mini game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh
Don't forget Damjant (sp?)

And what you called the phaser game was actually called the phaser range. At least it was when Worf and Guinan were in there.

And what was that one game with the sideways baskets and tennis racket-looking things Wesley played with Picard?

And Jam-something, where Riker and his father make up with eachother? They wore blinder helmets and had these sticks that reacted to esnsors on each end. The goal was to knock the other player out of the ring. They also wore what looked like old school motorcycle outfits.

OH, and Klingon arm wrestling--with knives awaiting the loser.
Damjant was a game based on pool it could be fun.

Those are good too. I forgot what the thing Riker and his father did. I think they were blindfolded, that maybe hard one to do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Anbo-Jyutsu
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire26
Anbo-Jyutsu
That's what Riker and his father were doing?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2011, 12:02 PM
How about the Trek version of Chess... with the multi-tiered board. That particular game has always fascinated me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Yup, it's kinda like American Gladiators
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
How about the Trek version of Chess... with the multi-tiered board. That particular game has always fascinated me.
I think people made that into a real game. I think I read somewhere that people actually play that.