Lt. Commander
# 11
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I think people made that into a real game. I think I read somewhere that people actually play that.
Yes, it is a real game. Back when Trek was really popular people did actually play it. A digital version would be great... would be a good time killer while waiting for the queues to pop.

Heck, I'd even settle for regular chess with Fed and Klink ships as pieces. Surely that wouldn't be so hard to program.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Yes, it is a real game. Back when Trek was really popular people did actually play it. A digital version would be great... would be a good time killer while waiting for the queues to pop.

Heck, I'd even settle for regular chess with Fed and Klink ships as pieces. Surely that wouldn't be so hard to program.
Mini games like chess and some of the others could almost addictive. People will play them over and over because they are a lot of fun. You're doing the same thing but each game is different, because of the opponent. So they don't feel as repetitious, this game needs is more diversity.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh
Don't forget Damjant (sp?)
That would be fun, but leave out the Naussicans weilding the 2 foot knives behind us though....
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian_Phoenix76
That would be fun, but leave out the Naussicans weilding the 2 foot knives behind us though....
Maybe that could be a Nausicaan mini game. Stabbing Hugh mons in the back and throwing darts at each other.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
How about Klingon Arm-Wrestling. It seems to be similar to regular arm wrestling except that there are daggers on the table.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
How about Klingon Arm-Wrestling. It seems to be similar to regular arm wrestling except that there are daggers on the table.
You could probably do a game like that pretty easy. Just press away from the dagger or your side of the table. Then let a cast bar fill up and rapidly push a button to keep the energy up. If you let the bar go to high you would lose fast and get slammed. If you didn't let it get high enough your opponent would slowly overpower you.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
That was one of the ones I mentioned--it would be great if we actually got injuries from losing.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh
That was one of the ones I mentioned--it would be great if we actually got injuries from losing.
Even though it would be hard to make it into a fun computer game, despite it only appearing once, it is the one that I remember the most. A very "Klingon" interpretation of an old Earth tradition.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Hover ball could be based off soccer but the ball hovers one or two feet of the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-19-2011, 10:36 AM
What about Poker!! I would love to see that in the game. I can just imagine a poker tournament taking place at ESD or Starfleet Academy.