Lt. Commander
# 21
11-18-2011, 07:04 AM
The new cartoons as directional signs absolutely ****ing SUCK! Bring back the old signs.

The vendor icons need something non-cartoony as well.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-18-2011, 07:06 AM
PLEASE do not dum down star trek.. When i first started playing sto almost didn't feel like start trek. Over the last 2 years it's gotten better. And now with the new signs and cartoonish looks it's loosing that star trek feeling again. Go back to holographic signs. KEEP it TREK. DEVS PLEASE !
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOP View Post
PLEASE do not dum down star trek.. When i first started playing sto almost didn't feel like start trek. Over the last 2 years it's gotten better. And now with the new signs and cartoonish looks it's loosing that star trek feeling again. Go back to holographic signs. KEEP it TREK. DEVS PLEASE !
Perfectly said...

BTW, your name is OP... Nerf it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I am surprised to see so little feedback on this.

ESD no longer looks like a starfleet base let alone like anything that belongs into the Star Trek universe.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I just saw all of the new signs on ESD and I have to agree they are to cartoonish.

This is Star Trek, not Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 century ......

Use real starship pictures, not one that look like they were stolen from goanimate, at least that is what the "Starship" reminds me of....

Please fix this...

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Yea, the new signage does stick out way too much.

Would rather have something more canon, like the panels on a ship that direct crew members to different areas of a ship.

Perhaps a control panel that just places an arrow on the ground for you to follow that only shows for your char only.

Or perhaps when you click a control panel and ask for directions you get a holo guide or maybe an ensign or some other NPC shows up to lead you where you need to go if you ask for assistance.

Just tossing out ideas.

I am not apposed to signage in general, just as long as it looks like it belongs in the setting, just wanted to clear that up.
The new signage just looks out of place for the game and the theme.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracknell
I am surprised to see so little feedback on this.
I thing the reason is simply that there are not so many testers on tribble arround any more...
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm fine with them. It will help in the F2P transition, without them we'll hear more questions than we already do from new "Trekkies".

STO is taking a step towards "game" with this. Now if these icons were to be a option to turn off like the shield rings, that would be better.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I thing the reason is simply that there are not so many testers on tribble arround any more...
Probably true.

I also noticed that the forums gone very quiet these last few weeks. Same goes for ingame chat on holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-18-2011, 05:13 PM
These signs should be LCARS, the old ones were fine...they improve ESD with the new walls and lighting...then go and ruin it with these cartoony almost TOS looking signs...dont like it.