Lt. Commander
# 21
11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
People are actually angry at it? lol

Must be these players so attached to the current STO they think they own it and they will be leaving when it goes F2P, they all say so on chat. So on that note just leave it as it is, new players won't know any different.
Lt. Commander
I am still campaigning (and hoping) for Pergium to be the new name for the URM's, and even threw in Nitrium for more trek flavor!

And for the vendor at Memory Alpha to either be a Horta or to have a Horta Associate ( same for Qonos ) lol.

With the URM's being released to tribble for us to play around with we have found that there are several types.

Common
Uncommon
Rare

It would be nice if they released a "Very Rare" type as well. And to stick with the Pergium idea the type of block could be determined by the purity of the Pergium.

For Example:

70% Pure Pergium would be a "Common Pergium Block"
( the other 30% would be Nitrium ( Click ) )

80% Pure Pergium would be a "Uncommon Pergium BlocK"
( the other 20% would be Nitrium )

90% Pure Pergium would be a "Rare Pergium Block"
( the other 10% would be Nitrium )

100% Pure Pergium would be a "Very Rare Pergium Block"
( No Nitrium would be found )

Just another idea I hope gets taken seriously by the Dev Team.
And adding Nitrium would add yet another Trek mineral to the system and answer the future question "Whats the other percent made of?".
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-22-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm up for the change!

peter
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
People are actually angry at it? lol

Must be these players so attached to the current STO they think they own it and they will be leaving when it goes F2P, they all say so on chat. So on that note just leave it as it is, new players won't know any different.
Keep in mind that you are still paying almost as much for the materials as you are for the items at the gear vendors...
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Stack selling of those (and the schematics) would be a nice thing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Keep in mind that you are still paying almost as much for the materials as you are for the items at the gear vendors...
Almost is the key word. And for something that 'use' to be free, i suspect that is the key reason most are people are angry, but there is nothing we can do about it except go along with it or stop playing.

I love trek so I am going to keep on playing. If one day they make a change that puts my love of trek into jeopardy then that's the day that I will stop playing, but for now i can live with the changes.

And in my effort to make the best of things I submit that they call the URM's Pergium lo l
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I think the real naming problem was pointed out in another thread. Since there are different levels, then you're stuck with "Common Unreplicatable Materials" which doesn't abbreviate well.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel
I think the real naming problem was pointed out in another thread. Since there are different levels, then you're stuck with "Common Unreplicatable Materials" which doesn't abbreviate well.
Come on now lets get our minds out of the gutters.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
As I noted in another thread, it's important that we use block quantities that tend to favor larger numbers, so that we can give discounts for special events/actions/bonuses. If we just charge 2 rare materials for an item, a 20% discount does you no good. If we charge 20 rare materials for the same item (and make those materials cost 1/10 of the prior case), then the dilithium cost is the same, but a 20% discount actually saves you 4 blocks.

I expect that we'll shortly have a way for crafters to upgrade/downgrade blocks as well, so that you can trade in your uncommon blocks for rare or back down to common and so on. (Just working out an implementation for this that will be easy to use.)
You might want to give that C...U...M... some serious thought......
Lt. Commander
# 30 I fight for the Trekkers!
11-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Crafting tweaks:
Went back to 2 kinds of unreplicateable matter
Common -- 10 dilithium
Uncommon -- 1000 dilithium
This makes it easier to track what you need to build stuff.
Okay, I am still going to fight for the name Pergium to be used so we can rid ourselves of the sexual jokes about these things. Also I do find it odd that they are charging 1000RD for something that did cost 100RD. Oh well.

I say call the "Common" Nitrium and the "Uncommon" Pergium.

It can still work! and if we ever get "Rare" and "Very Rare"

"Rare" can be Gallicite and "Very Rare" can be "Benamite".

So...

Common URM = Nitrium

Uncommon URM = Pergium

Rare URM = Gallicite

Very Rare URM = Benamite
Closed Thread