Lt. Commander
# 1 Updated ESD Feedback
11-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Overall, I have to say that I'm impressed, a lot of polish and its looking good.

A few things though, apologies if they are already known.

The Turbolift to the Shipyard should be built out so you can actually have the doors open and step inside, more like how it works from the Shipyard coming back up.

The Shipyard, Exchange, and Bank icons look a bit too cartoon like. The rest look great.

There is a large light fixture in front of the Fleet Ambassador.

The Requisitions room was opened up, and one of the floating pallets by the Commodity vendors removed, this has left the Commodity vendors standing strangely in the middle of the room.

The Dilithium Ground Supplies vendor in the central room now seems out of place, probably should be moved to requisitions.

Otherwise I think its looking good.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I just wish I can load to see it. Twice now, I've about given up on waiting for ESD to load.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 09:53 PM
As a professional graphic designer, I say this with the utmost respect for the graphic designers who work for Crypic...

Okay, who let their 5 year old kid design the icon for the Shipyard?

Not even joking. I'm pretty sure a five year old with giant Crayola markers drew that. I can't imagine someone with a degree in the field would do something that craptastic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Beaming into ESD or loading from the Character Select screen is really bad EVERY WEEKEND! Seriously, what is taking so long to fix it?!?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2011, 12:00 AM
I think some of those icons really are placeholders to show off the new holoeffects.
There are already some that look finished and it's a hell of a quality difference.

Overall good changes. The lighting is soooo much better. Always had to go look for a spot that's ok for screenshots, now my toon looks great everywhere!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
As a professional graphic designer, I say this with the utmost respect for the graphic designers who work for Crypic...

Okay, who let their 5 year old kid design the icon for the Shipyard?

Not even joking. I'm pretty sure a five year old with giant Crayola markers drew that. I can't imagine someone with a degree in the field would do something that craptastic.
Lol, I had similar thoughts after seeing that ship icon...Rather embarrassing, to be honest, doesn't look quite appropriate in comparison with the rest of the surroundings on Earth Spacedock.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Does anyone know where the vendor for very rare XI ship equipment went?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfman View Post
Does anyone know where the vendor for very rare XI ship equipment went?
I'm also pondering this. Anyone else know?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Not really a fan of the additions. I understand the need to have the new signs, and I agree that they'll make finding your way around as a new player easier. BUT...why do they have to look so cartoony?

There was a time when the content creators prided themselves on trying to maintain the "star trek" look and feel. This is just immersion breaking in my opinion.

Also, while I'm glad they've updated the lighting in ESD, some of it is way too dark in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-19-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't like the new signage in the shipyard.