Lt. Commander
# 1 EMH in sick bay - an idea
11-18-2011, 12:13 AM

Ok, first off it's just plain wierd to see an EMH in sick bay with an illness. I don't know how much work this would be, so maybe it's not possible, or maybe it can be a longer term item but here's how I'd handle an EMH injury.

When an EMH gets injured, that EMH becomes unavailable like now, but the next thing you notice is a shipboard engineering mission to repair the EMH. A failure would result in the EMH continuing to be "off line" and the mission again becoming available. A disaster would wipe out your EMH, while a very slim chance critical success would bump up the rarity of your EMH by a level.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 04:18 AM
I like this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

Ok, first off it's just plain wierd to see an EMH in sick bay with an illness.
I guess that sums up your opinion of Voyager's episode "Tatoo." (quoted in my sig)

Also, like your idea for EMH progression. Kind to think of it, it would be interesting if DOFF's can "progress" in rank over time similar to what you are describing here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 09:37 AM
oh wait I got it like the EMH on Voyager, a crit fail would be like when he was adding day dreams to his program
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
I guess that sums up your opinion of Voyager's episode "Tatoo." (quoted in my sig)

Also, like your idea for EMH progression. Kind to think of it, it would be interesting if DOFF's can "progress" in rank over time similar to what you are describing here.

Nah, I liked Voyager, and that episode as well. But in that episode, his illness was a subroutine he could shut off at any time (or so he thought).
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2011, 09:14 AM
give him norton anti-virus. that should keep him from getting sick....