Lt. Commander
# 11
11-18-2011, 01:28 PM
well hopefully things will change when they ":frontload" the skills. of course, if people want the most power, they'll be maxing them out anyway, but they would have more points to by not maxxing out others.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2011, 05:47 PM
This is entirely different situation. They halved the power added by consoles and skills. This is a situation where it's absolutely not true that our effectiveness hasn't been reduced. It absolutely has.

Frankly I'm not sure whether +3.5 energy at VA even warrants wasting a console slot. I think the +power consoles have been nerfed to the point they are worthless. They didn't used to add any significant power until hitting around Captain rank anyway. Now even at VA they add so little, and at lower ranks they add even less.

Can't really say I'm surprised, as this is the sort of haphazard balancing Cryptic tends to do. There are still problems with the new ground combat system that never will be fixed. This probably won't ever be fixed, either.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
there's a great saying that is VERY applicable here.......don't fix what aint broke.......there is absolutly ZERO reason to be changing many things that they are changing simply because they can. You want to revamp the skill system to, supposedly, make it more clear and get rid of specilization/choice....okay but this should in no way effect what we are able to do in game compared to what we had before. Unless there is some as yet undocumetned change that will be going on to bring power levels back in line with where we were at previously i am rather upset that they are giving us even less for our skill points and slots as far as power levels goes.

And i'm hoping the weapon power consumption is only a bug as if we are in fact burning through weapon power from 125 down to practically nothing then our dps is taking a HUGE nose dive. I got tired of playing until everything is finalized as i keep getting aggravated by the constant non required changes so until december i've removed myself from the irritant.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
No, it was a while back when the skill system revamp went in. It's most obvious on things like the Borg and Aegis items, some of which give less than 1 power now, but consoles give less than they did before, too.
I have figured it out. You were right about the borg and aegis but it wasn't completely done before the Thursday patch. There was an additional nerf done on 11/17

With full power speccing on live using aegis
125/100 weapons
73/25 shields
53/25 engines
71/50 Aux

With full power speccing on F2P with aegis prior to the 11/17 patch
125/100 weapons
62/25 shields -11
53/25 engines
73/50 Aux +2

Current on F2P with same spec as above and aegis
125/100 weapons
59/25 shields -3
51/25 engines -2
74/50 Aux +1

So with these changes I have lost 14 points of shield power and 2 points of engine power while only gaining 3 points of Aux.

The first change was not an easy one to swallow but it keeps getting worse.

Nobody asked for these changes.
The changes aren't fixing a broken system.
Why is this happening

I would like to see an explanation from Cryptic as to the reason behind these changes.

without an explanation this is just a nerf for the sake of a nerf
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-19-2011, 09:02 AM
my vote is nerf for the sake of nerf, and or just to **** people off.....because honestly it makes absolutely ZERO sense.