Lt. Commander
# 1 Unable to connect to patch server
11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
It's obviously NOT my internet connection. Checked my firewall and it still has STO as a trusted program, checked my anti virus and IT still has STO as a friendly program (checked both to make sure it hadn't been switched to an unfriendly program mode). Can surf anywhere on the web no problem. Can load up other games no problem but.... launcher can not connect to the patch server.

Anybody know if there is a problem with the patch server?

~A

*edit* It was working fine last night when I logged off to get some sleep, and nothing has changed on my computer. No new programs, no new windows updates etc.

*2nd edit* Apparently I can now access the launcher again.... just fired up XD. Problem temporarily solved I guess lol.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 09:14 AM
I had the same problem the other day and it was so strange. The only things I couldn't do was load startrekonline.com or connect to the patch server. Every other website and game worked perfectly. I had to power-sycle my modem and router, but that got it to work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Not sure what is going on with it. Was able to connect to EVE fine, NFS:W and NFS:Undercover fine, was able to connect to the LOTR servers fine.. surf the web, visit pron er.. um.. visit adult entertainment sites... just wasn't able to get the launcher to connect XD. Then for no apparent reason.. it was again able to connect.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I keep getting an error message, and I can't connect to the patch server. My internet connection is fine, and I even tried turning my firewall off, but still nothing. It's been 3 days now.

=====

Zombies are one of my least favorite species of the Galaxy. I must destroy this one and remind you Humans to open a

new thread if you need to post on a topic that has not seen the light of day in over 30 days.

Q

=====
Closed Thread