Lt. Commander
# 31
11-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Another funny thing to do is put EptSx2 under your WASD keys, or any other function for that matter
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
I prefer not to use them either, then again I will not own an automatic transmission either. I don't like to put anything on automatic, spoils the fun for me. However, I do know it puts me at a disadvantage vs a guy who auto distributes shields, runs 2 copies of EPtS auto cycled, etc. I just hate to use 2 copies of any skill, regardless of the advantages, it gets boring to me (the build gets boring, not the game). Although some simple keybinds that just allow me to use a key instead of a mouse click would be wise, I have just been too lazy to set that up yet.

Have fun, kill Cap Horizon, lol. :-)
the dude abides.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Words can not express how much I love the fact that you have Regina George flying the USS Burn Book.
Hehehe, at least someone understands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
Well Tick0, if you are so good in PVP do me a favor, don't try the keybinds!
I surely will not.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
What are a couple of examples of a keybind you guys use?
space " trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 1 0 1 1 $$ trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 1 2 1 3 $$ trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 1 4 1 5 $$ trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 1 6 1 5 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 3 "
c "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 2 2 3 $$ trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 4 2 5 $$ trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 6 2 7 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields $$ $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 3 "
Z "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 0 0 0 3 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhaser $$ trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 0 0 0 3"
shift "+TrayExecByTray 2 8 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 7 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 8 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 5"
F9 "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_0"
F10 "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_1"
F11 "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_2"
F12 "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_3"
F1 "TargetTeammate 1"
F2 "TargetTeammate 2"
F3 "TargetTeammate 3"
F4 "TargetTeammate 4"
x "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 8 0 4 $$ trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 0 6 0 5 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields"
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Well Tick0, if you are so good in PVP do me a favor, don't try the keybinds!
Sounds like Ticko might be a zombie cruiser pilot. Just a hunch.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-25-2011, 02:57 AM
But nooo, Roach, you've disclosed military secrets! Then you'll be on trial by a military court! You're doomed!
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Wait, what does TrayExecByTrayWithBackup do exactly (as opposed to TrayExecByTray)?
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Wait, what does TrayExecByTrayWithBackup do exactly (as opposed to TrayExecByTray)?
Um yeh I'd like to know that as well.
From some description I found for Champions Online the description is the same as for +TrayExecByTray.

lol perhaps its a 'backup' for the failing tray we have in STO, abilities not responding. It might be an extra function so that it will keep tapping the ability until it finally executes
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
But nooo, Roach, you've disclosed military secrets! Then you'll be on trial by a military court! You're doomed!
Nah, Its all in the Keybinds for Dummies thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
It makes a power that wehn activated automatically activate another power attached to the command.

in this case; space " trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 1 0 1 1 "

its a bindfile command that say when i hit spacebar activate power in Tray 1 Slot 0 and then activate power in Tray 1 Slot 1 in succession.
In theory you could have such a Keybind activate THY1 then activate the Fire Torpedoes command in Tray 1 Slot 1
Or activate EPTS1 then TT1.....

as well, keep in mind that smaller keybinds react faster and tend to be more stable and those examples up top are not small keybinds. More like medium.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Um yeh I'd like to know that as well.
From some description I found for Champions Online the description is the same as for +TrayExecByTray.

lol perhaps its a 'backup' for the failing tray we have in STO, abilities not responding. It might be an extra function so that it will keep tapping the ability until it finally executes
Close, though every key bind in STO has to be spammed to get all the events to fire.