Lt. Commander
# 41
11-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerx24
Sounds like Ticko might be a zombie cruiser pilot. Just a hunch.
And a hunch it is. Not any of those characters you see in my signature use cruisers, so, no, I'm not a "zombie cruiser pilot".
Lt. Commander
# 42 Thanks Roach
11-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, that looks like an incredible, game breaking advantage, lol.

When I hear people complaining about binds, or suggesting that they are somehow a problem, I keep expecting something exploitative.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It makes a power that wehn activated automatically activate another power attached to the command.

in this case; space " trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 1 0 1 1 "

its a bindfile command that say when i hit spacebar activate power in Tray 1 Slot 0 and then activate power in Tray 1 Slot 1 in succession.
In theory you could have such a Keybind activate THY1 then activate the Fire Torpedoes command in Tray 1 Slot 1
Or activate EPTS1 then TT1.....
Thanks Roach.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Thanks Roach.
Key binds for Dummies covers it all.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Key binds for Dummies covers it all.
I've read that, and I cant make heads or tails of it. I use to make macros in SWG, but I cant even figure where to put them in this game. I had some fun alpha strikes and bombardment attacks on it. This game, can't figure it.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Couple of ppl tried to teach me how to use binds. Im just untalented for that. But i managed to make one, to distribute shields by pressing spacebar ^^ Keybinds wont make u better player, as one said, but will make your life easier.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I've read that, and I cant make heads or tails of it. I use to make macros in SWG, but I cant even figure where to put them in this game. I had some fun alpha strikes and bombardment attacks on it. This game, can't figure it.
Two modes of key binding of Key Binds for Dummies
1) Via the chat bar ingame

2) Bindfiles (which is actually easier once you figure it out.)

KB for dummies ( and I find nothing dumb about KB)
is simple, Though I admit it took me a while.

The easiest way is to (imo) just type /bind_file_save <file name of your choice> .txt and hit Enter.

Later go find that file in the LIVE folder in the Cryptic Games folder on your PC.
Open it and you can do all your Key Binds from inside it in the simple instructions thats given.

Its really not that hard once the concept is accepted and you become used to it. I'm the key binder (gathering dust) in my fleet and I only use 4 whole keybinds.
One for Shields healing and resist stacking, One for Hull, Spacebar to fire waepons, distribute shields and one last one to activate my pre-alpha abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Ok, please CIA, FBI, NSA, don't kill me, but I've to disclose one of my keybinds, forgive me!

Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +trayexecbytray 1 0 $$ +trayexecbytray 1 1 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +trayexecbytray 1 5 $$ +trayexecbytray 2 3"\par"
p "GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Tray_Primaryparent1 x 75 $$ gensetvalue Hud_root traysize 10 1"\par"
Y "GenJailAdd Hud_Weapons_Root $$ GenJailAdd Hud_Bridgecrew_Trays_Root"\par"
Numpad4 "++left"\par"
Numpad6 "++right"\par"
Numpadenter "throttletoggle"\par"
F9 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_1"\par"
F10 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_2"\par"
F11 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_3"\par"
F12 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_4"\par"
t "attacking: $target"\par"
h "GenSendMessage Throttle_FullImpulse_Button FullThrottle $$ +StatsPreset_Load Preset_3 $$ +power_exec Reroute_Shields_Rear $$ +trayexecbytray 0 6"\par"
g "+trayexecbytray 0 7 $$ +trayexecbytray 0 3"\par"
1 "+trayexecbytray 0 0 $$ +trayexecbytray 0 1 $$ +trayexecbytray 0 2"\par"
2 "+trayexecbytray 2 0 $$ +trayexecbytray 2 1 $$ +trayexecbytray 2 2"\par"
3 "+trayexecbytray 2 4 $$ +trayexecbytray 2 5 $$ +trayexecbytray 2 6 $$ +trayexecbytray 2 7"\par"
F1 "Target_TeamMate 1 $$ Assist"
F2 "Target_TeamMate 2 $$ Assist"
F3 "Target_TeamMate 3 $$ Assist"
F4 "Target_TeamMate 4 $$ Assist"
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Two modes of key binding of Key Binds for Dummies
1) Via the chat bar ingame

2) Bindfiles (which is actually easier once you figure it out.)

KB for dummies ( and I find nothing dumb about KB)
is simple, Though I admit it took me a while.

The easiest way is to (imo) just type /bind_file_save <file name of your choice> .txt and hit Enter.

Later go find that file in the LIVE folder in the Cryptic Games folder on your PC.
Open it and you can do all your Key Binds from inside it in the simple instructions thats given.

Its really not that hard once the concept is accepted and you become used to it. I'm the key binder (gathering dust) in my fleet and I only use 4 whole keybinds.
One for Shields healing and resist stacking, One for Hull, Spacebar to fire waepons, distribute shields and one last one to activate my pre-alpha abilities.
I will try that, thanks
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I will try that, thanks
Read the KB for dummies and use these commands in the chat bar;

/bind_file_save < your file name choice > .txt - this will create a file for the player you are currently playing in the LIVE folder. You must be in space to to do this otherwise you will get ground key binds (i think)

When you find that file it may be empty. No worries, you can put key binds directly into it. The KBFD thread will tell you how to word these binds.

Once you ahev played around with binds and maybe loaded a few, you can put them into effect by once being in space and typing - /bind_file_load < your name choice > .txt in the chat bar.

This will load that bind file into game and it should be in effect from that point for that character.

The really cool thing is you can have different toons with differeing KB and the game keeps track of it to a point when you switch toons.

Deffinately use the KBFD thread as your guide.