Lt. Commander
Seems to me sickbay is overflowing and periodic deaths are a bit much when I'm mostly running Science division DOFF missions. Medium casualty risk is a bit high for something titled "Scan..." considering the rewards are low, the success chance was nerfed, and it takes 2 officers of specific types to improve your chances even that much.

Science in general probably needs work so there are more types/lengths/reward scales for the mission choices, but really my beef today is just with casualty rates in general.

If there isn't a clear danger to the assignment, then it should be Low casualty risk at best. Medium seems too common throughout the DOFF system.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2011, 10:24 PM
I remember that one time, I sent my guys on an Entertain Foreign Dignitaries mission. It stated that there was NO RISK. NONE.

Still, after the mission, which was a success, my bartender was found in sickbay.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2011, 10:53 PM
he had the bad shellfish
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
I remember that one time, I sent my guys on an Entertain Foreign Dignitaries mission. It stated that there was NO RISK. NONE.

Still, after the mission, which was a success, my bartender was found in sickbay.
You're reading it wrong... It was a fun party, but a tad too much time spend at the bar... that's all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 12:01 AM
My favorite so far is the treat minor injury that put a Doctor and EMH in sick bay.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post

I've had a few "entertain the in law" missions in real life, that were SUPPOSED to be zero risk ......
Whilsest, I didn't end up in "sickbay", I did have one hell of a hangover from all the peppermint schnapps my father in law forced on me.
And the holidays are right around the corner again...................
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-16-2011, 01:30 AM

I thought the original intent was to NOT allow rare Doff deaths? Maybe the change was made after seeing that it's too easy to keep a max 100 roster. Packs will be sold, so Cryptic is going to want them at least somewhat consumeable. I would like to see the blue and purple (or purple at minimum) protected. i could've sworn they said rares would get injured but only commons would die.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Anyone notice the tokens spot in the Sickbay UI? I wonder if that will cost dilithium...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Green, Blue and Purple duty officers will never be killed/removed in assignments during the normal course of events, although certain assignments (with the red warning text in the description, such as Reassignments or Executions) can bypass this general rule.

Green, Blue and Purple duty officers can, however, wind up in Sickbay.

Regarding the Entertain Foreign Dignitaries, it is showing up internally as "Low" risk to me, so something probably changed in the UI code (likely with displaying rounding errors) between the version you have on Tribble and the one we are working on internally.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake45
My favorite so far is the treat minor injury that put a Doctor and EMH in sick bay.
Well... One sholuld always be on the lookout for the Rigellian Fever. <chuckle>