Lt. Commander
# 41
11-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I completely agree with you on this one.

Really guys, there are issues with the game, sure. But don't blow things out of proportion and start yelling at the Devs left and right. They wanted to do something nice for us and give us a wallpaper. It didn't take take away from anything else, and is a nice gesture on their part.

People are being rude for nothing.

To whomever made this: Thank you!

+1

/10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We have a brand new wallpaper from the STO art team, now available for your desktop viewing pleasure! Download the new Earth Space Dock Wallpaper today.

Link to the news article.
Thanks to the artist for making this. Its nice to have some new artwork for STO.

However, I would really appreciate it more, if we could get Earth looking like THAT! While it is blurry, I am talking about what appears to be a much better scale.

^^
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Thank you very much for the wallpaper I know you are all busy . I realy appreciate it and It looks great.Maybe we can have a KDF one as well in the future when ever time permits.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-19-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Guys,

This really is pretty simple. The person who designed the new login screen took a few minutes to create a new desktop background for you, because he felt you might enjoy it. I took it, and scaled it down to a slightly smaller size to provide another option for you, and posted it.

This comes from someone spending a few extra minutes of his day to try and do something nice for you all, and passing it along to me.

It's not like a programmer, or a systems designer, who has a hobby of making wallpapers and taking screenshots, dropped everything he's doing to bring you new content, and spent several hours to make you a wallpaper instead.

One, single person, who was already creating this image, spent a few extra minutes, to try and do something nice for you. Maybe, just maybe, instead of jumping all over his case for doing something nice for you, you could say thanks, or at least have the decency to say nothing at all if you find a simple wallpaper being made so insulting.

It's just a thought.

Stormshade

thats nice and all, and we all appreciate the wallpaper. after all, it is very nice. however, what you, and cryptic, dont seem to understand is that from a CUSTOMER point of view, this shows how skewed the priorities of the entire company are. every single person in that office, from you all the way to dangalo and back again, needs to start thinking about the decisions that you are making not soley from a business point of view, but from a customer point of view. not only would you business become more successful, but it would go a long way towards letting your paying customer base know that you actually do care, not just giving us lip service.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Thanks for the wall paper.

And guys I know we're all mad about the current state of affairs but try to not attack at every turn. Otherwise the Devs will start to ignore you.
if you havent noticed, that started a long time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Nice wallpapper, thx you.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasteroz View Post
thats nice and all, and we all appreciate the wallpaper. after all, it is very nice. however, what you, and cryptic, dont seem to understand is that from a CUSTOMER point of view, this shows how skewed the priorities of the entire company are. every single person in that office, from you all the way to dangalo and back again, needs to start thinking about the decisions that you are making not soley from a business point of view, but from a customer point of view. not only would you business become more successful, but it would go a long way towards letting your paying customer base know that you actually do care, not just giving us lip service.
It shows someone had a couple of minutes of free time.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
I like it. Thank you to whoever did this.

:p Please feel free to make a 'seasonal' one for the holiday too, to coincide with the seasonal activities on STO.
Borg / Fed / KDF battle (for that red & green feeling :p )
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
It shows someone had a couple of minutes of free time.
and yes, its thoughtful that that artist decided to take his spare few minutes to make the community something that looks that good. who knows, maybe it is a sneak peak into something that will actually be changed in game, ie scales, effects, etc... but instead of that kind of wallpaper, why not make us a wallpaper of, say, a new PvP space/ground map? or maybe a wallpaper of artist conceptions of what an open sol system, with all of the planets, could look like? im not trying to bash the artist for making the wallpaper for us. and, contrary to what stormy thinks, just because im being critical does not mean i dont appreciate nor like the wallpaper- in fact the opposite is true. im simply saying that cryptics priorities should be re-evaluated. if this map is indeed some sort of sneak peak of something for the F2P release, then great, i would like my crow to be smoked for at least 12 hours with a side of sweet baby rays bbq sauce so it tastes good when i eat it. if it is a sneak peak, why not just tell us in the release that its a sneak peak? that would stop the critical people like myself from trying to keep cryptic on point.

theres a suggestion for you stormy- tell the artists, if they want to give us wallpapers, why not give us sneak peak wall papers of new PvP maps, new game maps, etc? that would be a really cool thing to have actually.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
One, single person, who was already creating this image, spent a few extra minutes, to try and do something nice for you. Maybe, just maybe, instead of jumping all over his case for doing something nice for you, you could say thanks, or at least have the decency to say nothing at all if you find a simple wallpaper being made so insulting.

It's just a thought.

Stormshade
This really reads as an effort to guilt people into overlooking the ongoing, glaring issues with the product your company ostensibly provides. If people are angry, I think they have some very, very good reasons to be.

Something nice for us? Really? A picture?

Just a thought.