Lt. Commander
# 51
11-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the new beautiful wallpaper, now more please!
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-19-2011, 04:55 PM
My only gripe is that I wish it looked like that in game and not cluttered with shipyards and what not all over the place. Nice job on the wallpaper, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-19-2011, 05:01 PM
It'd look better with my starship in it. I wonder if I should have a little play around on Photoshop.
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Here here priorities first, i.e., getting ataris stinking name of the entire game, if they can't be bothered to keep the best company/games in it's portfolio, then we can't be bothered to proudly display their name.

otherwise this is a b-e-a-utiful wallpaper.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-19-2011, 07:05 PM
To bad there is not one for the good old 4/3 aspect ratio, some of use are stuck with old screens because this is really a very nice wallpaper.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Guys,

This really is pretty simple. The person who designed the new login screen took a few minutes to create a new desktop background for you, because he felt you might enjoy it. I took it, and scaled it down to a slightly smaller size to provide another option for you, and posted it.

This comes from someone spending a few extra minutes of his day to try and do something nice for you all, and passing it along to me.

It's not like a programmer, or a systems designer, who has a hobby of making wallpapers and taking screenshots, dropped everything he's doing to bring you new content, and spent several hours to make you a wallpaper instead.

One, single person, who was already creating this image, spent a few extra minutes, to try and do something nice for you. Maybe, just maybe, instead of jumping all over his case for doing something nice for you, you could say thanks, or at least have the decency to say nothing at all if you find a simple wallpaper being made so insulting.

It's just a thought.

Stormshade
No kidding, people need to understand this. Thanks for the awesome wallpaper! I already made it my desktop background Thanks Stormy for saying this. People need to understand this. Cryptic had a hard year, but it looks like they are getting back on there feet. Go Cryptic, and STO!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-20-2011, 05:16 AM
Great wallpaper! I like how it's being used in the login screen on Tribble! Too bad it doesn't move. It'd be cool if it did.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-21-2011, 07:31 AM
and what game is this wallpaper from?

cant be from the game i play evry single day for more than 1.5 years now,becouse they look difrent

now,thats the correct scale that it should be in game
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
yes, it's very pretty. It also replaced an element of the game that ADDED immersion with an element that REMOVES immersion. I have been switching toons a lot while very much enjoying the new DOFF system on tribble. The old screen with it's very clever and unobtrusive use of the Cryptic name integrated into an image that looked like it might possibly be something you would see on a computer screen in the Star Trek universe, not slaps a STO logo on top of what looks like (well done high end) PROMOTIONAL art work destroys my immersion every time I see it and I have to get back into the 'gameworld' mindset every time I change toons. Not only that, once I do log in, if I go to ESD all I can picture is a giant STO logo floating in space. I am grateful for everything Cryptic does that helps add to the immersion of my experience. I understand things that take away from immersion to improve some other (non immersion related) aspect of gameplay. I don't appreciate anything that takes away from my immersion for no reason or just to make things pretty and shiny when they were fine before. All you people who are encourageing 'pretty and shiny' at the expense of feeling like a part of the Star Trek universe should ponder on what that does for the health of the game overall.
Lt. Commander
# 60 Moon base
11-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Did anyone know about that moon base ?