Lt. Commander
You closed a post that clearly was about STO, including suggestions on improving STO's profitablity and viability in a very competative market, under the reason, "these forums are for the discussion of STO, not any other game."

I can't help but feel you may have just skimmed over the content because of the post's title. What scares me more is that the concerns brought up in that post are probably not being seen by those making decisions which affect STO as a whole.

To quote a famous statement, "Those would fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

And I know everyone here wants STO to be one of, if not THE, best MMO out there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Well this thead is probably going to get closed due ot talking about other threads getting closed.

But I agree that Storm has been deleting posts / closing threads that really shouldn't have been...must be the stress, but hey...not sure what Cryptic was expecting after what they pulled on us.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 04:26 PM
They will interpret the posts as they see fit. It is in the guidelines.
If you want to seriously talk about STO, leave the STO Forums.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 04:29 PM
The problem wasnt that the thread in question wasnt just discussing STO, it was also heavily discussing another game. The description for this board reads:

"This forum is for discussion and questions related to Star Trek Online."

Not

"This forum is for discussion and questions related to Star Trek Online and other games"

Therefore if a thread starts getting off topic by detailed discussions of other games it will likely be closed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The problem wasnt that the thread in question was discussing this game, it was that it was also heavily discussing another. The description of this board reads:

"This forum is for discussion and questions related to Star Trek Online."

Not

"This forum is for discussion and questions related to Star Trek Online and other games"

Therefore if a thread starts getting off topic by detailed discussions of other games it will likely be closed.
funny i see alot that dont ever talk about the game but they never closed even have 100's of pages of post but yet again they are not closed
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus01
funny i see alot that dont ever talk about the game but they never closed even have 100's of pages of post but yet again they are not closed
I honestly do not see any threads on this board that are not talking about this game, but maybe you have board view settings set differently than me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I honestly do not see any threads on this board that are not talking about this game, but maybe you have board view settings set differently than me.
Certainly you miss some (actually a lot of) posts.

Every other thread talks about how great SWTOR is or will be and how everyone will be reuniting there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracknell
Certainly you miss some (actually a lot of) posts.

Every other thread talks about how great SWTOR is or will be and how everyone will be reuniting there.
The post I replied to said that there were lots of threads that "dont talk about this game". My response was that I dont see any threads that are not talking about this game. I did not say I dont see any threads that mention other games as well. However, if those other threads are significantly off topic and are reported they will probably be closed too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Last warning folks,

Discussing moderation on the forums is not allowed. File a community ticket if you have questions.

That thread was closed because it spent a large amount of time talking about another game, and it's history. Not about STO.

/thread
Closed Thread