Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-20-2011, 06:58 PM
We are going to get leaderboards, they're "in testing and to be released soon"... as of July 2010
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-20-2011, 10:57 PM
come on mvs, I'm sure they are just working out the bugs. We all know they always make sure something tested and is working as intended before it ever hits holodeck
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
come on mvs, I'm sure they are just working out the bugs. We all know they always make sure something tested and is working as intended before it ever hits holodeck
Dammit I just spit beer all over my screen.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Dammit I just spit beer all over my screen.
Strawberry milk here.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Ten letters
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Signed.

Maybe it didn't happen yet because the overwhelming support for these ideas would crash the servers?
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Been saying this for a long time.

I've been begging with my own threads for PvP at VA level to be split into beginners and vets. I get no fun out of playing new players unlike most of the so called "hardcore" PvPers who I don't see demanding changes.

SWTOR already takes the players history into consideration before matching them in head to head. Hell STO lets a fleet team up then enter against a none teamed group of randoms and in FvK C&H it is a slaughter which Cryptic just left as is because they wouldn't win either way when it comes to changing that.

Still 2 years later the keen KDF players think they are good, getting their ego boost out of thrashing players who are popping into PvP for the first time. Instead of supporting the game by demanding change they begged for carriers.

Even just last night a KDF player I have seen in there for months had to comment on how well they were doing. Half of the feds struggled to get over 50k damage.

What a poor situation.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Still 2 years later the keen KDF players think they are good, getting their ego boost out of thrashing players who are popping into PvP for the first time. Instead of supporting the game by demanding change they begged for carriers.
Players talk smack when they feel they are performing well in PvP.
I've seen this many times from feds and klinks. Its not a factional thing nor does it point to those players not wishing for balanced gameplay.

How would a ranking system rank the players? by number of matches player? won? lost?
Hours played in PvP?
What about those players whom have skill but do not play often?
What about those whom have little skill but play alot of PvP?
Are we too rank each other then?

I'm all for a fun PvP experience and I have nothing against a ranking system, I just do not think its so easy to implement.

We begged for cariers?
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-29-2011, 10:23 AM
I wish we had a large enough pvp playerbase, & a ranking system in place to allow veterans vs veterans battles. As it is, with the current Que system sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Been saying this for a long time.

I've been begging with my own threads for PvP at VA level to be split into beginners and vets. I get no fun out of playing new players unlike most of the so called "hardcore" PvPers who I don't see demanding changes.

SWTOR already takes the players history into consideration before matching them in head to head. Hell STO lets a fleet team up then enter against a none teamed group of randoms and in FvK C&H it is a slaughter which Cryptic just left as is because they wouldn't win either way when it comes to changing that.

Even just last night a KDF player I have seen in there for months had to comment on how well they were doing. Half of the feds struggled to get over 50k damage.

What a poor situation.
The joke is that most fed players don't support one another and then complain like crazy when things don't go their way. If you are referring to the same mess I think you are, did you notice the guys who stopped leaving their base? Did you catch the complaints that Klink ships are all over powered as some kind of marketing ploy? You had idlers, quitters, and zone whiners spouting off while your buddies exploded all around them.

How much fun do you really think it is for the opposing team that can't even get a challenge, or the other feds who are stuck flying with people who are content to play selfishly or just idle away at respawn? It seems to me all the time spent complaining about over powered factional imbalance garbage could be better spent learning the mechanics and trying to support one another.

Feds were making baseless accusations and Klinks responded. That's not chest thumping or bragging that's just how it tends to be. If Feds didn't want to talk smack or to get their feelings hurt they didn't have to listen to zone chat. They certainly didn't have to throw the first stone.