Lt. Commander
# 1 Power systems. What changed?
11-18-2011, 07:24 AM
There was the initial minor power level drops due to the new skill system. (A drop but not significant) After wasting 2 retrain tokens to get my skill points back into the same systems they were in prior to yesterdays patch I now find my power levels have dropped even further.

Is there a bug with power totals not calculating?

Stealth Nerfs to the set items?

More Nerfs to the consoles?

I don't understand why the power systems are being messed with so drastically.

Does anyone know what is going on with this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Just about everything that modifies power levels from equipment seems to have been changed over to the new performance stats, which itself gives less per point, so you get much smaller power boosts out of them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm noticing a power drop of my cruiser. Based on the skills I speced into, I should be seeing more than +10 on my weapon power (+5 for being a Cruiser, +5 from Borg Console). Unless the "Starship Warp Core Potential" is not giving a flat bonus like the description says.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Just about everything that modifies power levels from equipment seems to have been changed over to the new performance stats, which itself gives less per point, so you get much smaller power boosts out of them.
Is this a change that was implemented yesterday?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 07:57 AM
No, it was a while back when the skill system revamp went in. It's most obvious on things like the Borg and Aegis items, some of which give less than 1 power now, but consoles give less than they did before, too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately power levels are the one thing that is immediately obvious with these skill point changes. I also think they are the most fragile....

I think being at half weapon power vs being down a few percentage points in damage output is much worse.

I also seems like weapons are using up more weapon power... its crazy... a combined Alpha strike of BOIII and CRFIII literally wipes my weapon power out... not half my power, almost all of it and I run it as close to 125 as I can.

I run two dual cannons
one Dual Beam and one Quantum
and three turrets in the back.

I've got two weapon power consoles... the assimilated borg console and the borg BO.. I used to have this thing stacked with power.... for shields and aux for hazard and TSS. I tried to keep as much as I could in engines to keep maneuverability up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
nOT SEEING ANY DRASTIC DROPS IN POWER.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
nOT SEEING ANY DRASTIC DROPS IN POWER.
Because your builds suck, live and test.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
Because your builds suck, live and test.
Then give me an example of a good build. Oh wise ......
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
When they removed 13,800 points from the space tree that included what I had invested in any system power Performance abilities so I notice an awful drop. I haven't bothered to try to respec yet (I really hate that the skill points have been done this way).