Lt. Commander
So I was on the test realm and noticed that I had a extra 2k in C-store points to spend, so I bought the Venture Class skin to try it out because my favorite ship to use is the Galaxy Dreadnought X. The new look on the ship is amazing. The part that discovered that is not in the info when you buy the Venture Class skin pack is that it adds a 3rd Tactical console to the Dreadnought, YES a 3rd tac console spot. Now my Dreadnoght is rocking 3 purple +24 phaser consoles instead of 2 and it went from base 722dps on my phaser arrays to 820dps, before any buffs. a extra 100 dps, it makes a difference I noticed since I use 6 arrays with 2 torps on the ship, its about time the Dreadnought Assualt class like the Sovy that the 2 of them are in the same class, (Assualt Crusier) got the same amount of consoles. No reason to have to take the Sovy ever out again for extgra firepower, the Dreanought has the same amount plus all the extra goodies, cloak, phaser spinal cannon, 3rd engine. What more do you need. ? im sur ethis post will get some people whining AGAIN that the ship is to over powered, oh well, to bad, suck it up. Here is a tissue for your tears. And for you Klingons, I added the "its got a tail pipe" torp for you cloakers. Have a great day.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I used mine to get the Thunderchild. I think it's actually supposed to be pretty so I need a new graphics card. I'll definitely get Venture class later.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2011, 09:23 PM
The venture skin didn't give you the tactical console, every Galaxy Dreadnought got a 3rd tactical console in exchange for the cloaking device becoming an actual console instead of an integrated skill.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2011, 07:12 AM
A nice upgrade, if you ask me. I suppose the Cloak has its uses but personally would rather have an extra Tac Console Slot over a Cloaking Device.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
A nice upgrade, if you ask me. I suppose the Cloak has its uses but personally would rather have an extra Tac Console Slot over a Cloaking Device.
I still use the Cloaking Device on a Science console with the Borg Console in the Science console spot as well. Works well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-24-2011, 01:58 PM
I'd rather have the cloak.

Nothing beats using it in organized PvP (if you're detected or forced out of it you obviously don't know how to use it properly) and coming 2km on someone's broadside with a lance and tricobalt ready while an ally has their attention averted.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
I'd rather have the cloak.

Nothing beats using it in organized PvP (if you're detected or forced out of it you obviously don't know how to use it properly) and coming 2km on someone's broadside with a lance and tricobalt ready while an ally has their attention averted.
Can't wait for f2p hit holodeck, I don't pvp much but when I do it's with my galaxy-X nothing beats the lance on a target that's not ready for it, and now with emissions seeking torps, those pesky torp firing cloaked b'rels better hide, when a tricobalt comes up there tailpipe with there shields down
Lt. Commander
# 8 yeah
11-17-2011, 05:21 AM
yeah, my ship is beating the living tar out of everybody with this amount of tac consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-17-2011, 05:37 AM
My only complaint about the Gal-X is the turn rate...but the new Venture skin is quite nice. I commend them...Not usually that into the designs they come up with for non-canon ships....but there's always exceptions...
Lt. Commander
# 10 Here's an alternative....
11-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Why don't you just get a high-end RCS Accelerator for your ship console? (I think that's what it's called?)

That will improve turn rate especially if you do spend the EC's and get a good one. That might alleviate some of your turn rate concerns.