Lt. Commander
ESD.. map icons for NPC's : good!
cartoony signs : Bad, does not feel like star trek. appropriate for Chanpions but not for STO

DS9.. KDF can go there now : Very good
5 NPC's killable by KDF: OOOPS!

Borg Ground invasion: Excellent, needs some tweeking.

Shipyards: Fed everything seems fine, KDF, Not so much.. Issues with Koro't'inga on C-store, Issues with Vor'kang unavailibility. Issues with Koro't'inga not unlocking for all characters on account. Issues with being unable to claim a replacement if ship deleted.

Econ: Bad, ugly, clutzy, more complexity then needed, errors in execution being layered on further errors in Execution. More then one currency still in game. Bite the bullet. ONE CURRENCY! Sooner this gets fixed and fixed right the less painfull it will be. The whole thing needs to be rethought and DRASTICLY simplified.

Crafting: No idea what Cryptic is trying to do with the crafting system, but in its current state its pretty much crippled. Very much needs to have Dilithium removed from crafting. Many very good solutions have been suggested. Most are quite feasable.
Crafted item are an alternate supply of goods into the economy. The supply of crafted items is still self regulating due to time limiting production. INability to sell crafted item for DIlithium currency is crippling carafting also. Crafting unable to compete in the Marketplace. Only sellabel for Energy Credits which can no longer be used to purchase ships. E-Credits are essentially worthless and no longer have any real value.
Crafted items do not have any particulalrly unique properties. They currently act as a stop gap untill player are able to aquire much better items though mission and STF rewards.. Current changes effectivly leave crafting out in the cold as no longer feasable to do for the amount of time, energy and resources involved.
Be aware the BOT gathering of anomalies needs to be stopped cold. VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST REMOVAL OF QUICK SPAWNING ANOMALY HOT SPOTS IN EXPLORATION ZONES! If folks are going to gather them then they need to activly be doing it, not programming a key board to do it for them.

Assurences WITH follow through of KDF mission content being on the way is desperatly needed.

I would suggest getting some KDF missions up. less then 3 months to go to F2P launch, with most of a week and a half in the middle devoted to the holidays which are likely to be very NON-productive days....
'cept for Gozer, Heritic, Capt. Logan, and Zero.. Whom apparently love what they do so much that they may possible be having an unnatural affair with the emploment! A few other Cryptic employees may also qualify.. Make sure they get taken care of, fed watered etc.

HIRE AN ECONOMIST! Might even be able to do it mostly on the cheap. a lot of guys aand gals with Doctorates in the field teaching in the UC system that would enjoy an opportunity to strut thier stuff. Make some phone calls. STOP HANDING THE JOB TO FAILED USED CAR SALEMEN!!!!!

I firmly belive that ONLY a real estate agent, used car salesman, or con man could have possibly come up with the gawd awefull mess the dilithium econ currently is. And its not getting better with anything resempbling acceptable dispatch.

Khemaraa Iron Hand
Klingon Black Fleet
Est: 2000
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
ESD.. map icons for NPC's : good!
cartoony signs : Bad, does not feel like star trek. appropriate for Chanpions but not for STO

DS9.. KDF can go there now : Very good
5 NPC's killable by KDF: OOOPS!

Borg Ground invasion: Excellent, needs some tweeking.

Shipyards: Fed everything seems fine, KDF, Not so much.. Issues with Koro't'inga on C-store, Issues with Vor'kang unavailibility. Issues with Koro't'inga not unlocking for all characters on account. Issues with being unable to claim a replacement if ship deleted.

Econ: Bad, ugly, clutzy, more complexity then needed, errors in execution being layered on further errors in Execution. More then one currency still in game. Bite the bullet. ONE CURRENCY! Sooner this gets fixed and fixed right the less painfull it will be. The whole thing needs to be rethought and DRASTICLY simplified.

Crafting: No idea what Cryptic is trying to do with the crafting system, but in its current state its pretty much crippled. Very much needs to have Dilithium removed from crafting. Many very good solutions have been suggested. Most are quite feasable.
Crafted item are an alternate supply of goods into the economy. The supply of crafted items is still self regulating due to time limiting production. INability to sell crafted item for DIlithium currency is crippling carafting also. Crafting unable to compete in the Marketplace. Only sellabel for Energy Credits which can no longer be used to purchase ships. E-Credits are essentially worthless and no longer have any real value.
Crafted items do not have any particulalrly unique properties. They currently act as a stop gap untill player are able to aquire much better items though mission and STF rewards.. Current changes effectivly leave crafting out in the cold as no longer feasable to do for the amount of time, energy and resources involved.
Be aware the BOT gathering of anomalies needs to be stopped cold. VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST REMOVAL OF QUICK SPAWNING ANOMALY HOT SPOTS IN EXPLORATION ZONES! If folks are going to gather them then they need to activly be doing it, not programming a key board to do it for them.

Assurences WITH follow through of KDF mission content being on the way is desperatly needed.

I would suggest getting some KDF missions up. less then 3 months to go to F2P launch, with most of a week and a half in the middle devoted to the holidays which are likely to be very NON-productive days....
'cept for Gozer, Heritic, Capt. Logan, and Zero.. Whom apparently love what they do so much that they may possible be having an unnatural affair with the emploment! A few other Cryptic employees may also qualify.. Make sure they get taken care of, fed watered etc.

HIRE AN ECONOMIST! Might even be able to do it mostly on the cheap. a lot of guys aand gals with Doctorates in the field teaching in the UC system that would enjoy an opportunity to strut thier stuff. Make some phone calls. STOP HANDING THE JOB TO FAILED USED CAR SALEMEN!!!!!

I firmly belive that ONLY a real estate agent, used car salesman, or con man could have possibly come up with the gawd awefull mess the dilithium econ currently is. And its not getting better with anything resempbling acceptable dispatch.

Khemaraa Iron Hand
Klingon Black Fleet
Est: 2000
... and this is only The TIP of the Iceberg.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
... and this is only The TIP of the Iceberg.
what do Submariners say when they come across an Iceberg at sea?

This is just the bottom of the iceberg?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
what do Submariners say when they come across an Iceberg at sea?

This is just the bottom of the iceberg?
that, or OH CRAP!

*now I wonder what they say; time to call an old navy friend of mine.*
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
that, or OH CRAP!

*now I wonder what they say; time to call an old navy friend of mine.*
lol- viral questions. Keep us informed. plz
and lets hope Cryptic knows the answer too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-22-2011, 07:06 PM
"thats all but the tip of the iceberg"?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
So true .... So true.

There's always a BOT in every Exploration zone every day all day. I've seen some sit there all day long never moving.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-23-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradym
"thats all but the tip of the iceberg"?
Nice! Thats the winner I think.

I agree with the OP and noticed not once did he mention a KDF-fed peace agreement.
I like that even more, no peace between the factions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-23-2011, 05:15 PM
well, with klingons like yourself "peace" is more like a cease-fire, which is how it should be. there may be peace with the KDF, but theres still going to be fights everywhere. a lot of other races may be more peaceful, and go along with no fighting whatsoever, but klingons wouldnt...which is why, if they had done the whole pvp-faction thing successfully, klingons would be a lot happier. imo, there should be peace between most factions...with the occasional war(maybe through events), but there would still be antagonistic operations between them-klingons are more overt in those, just doing what they want. romulans, should they ever be implemented, would be more sly and covert, walking the line between war and peace. and other factions would act differently in a time of peace. which gets me to "every race has a different definition of peace"