Lt. Commander
# 11
11-23-2011, 08:07 AM
As a player with both FEDs and KDF toons at 51 I don't like the idea of bringing the KDF to DS9.

As a FED i'm not excited about having enemy troops on the station. Truce or no truce. There are still klingon fleets invading sirius sector block, why let some hang out at our base?

As a KDF i can't believe i'm going to walk around the station of the enemy, eat their food, sleep in their beds, and not kill them?

There is already of shortage of KDF social zones.

Make a new place social zone at BGO, whether its a star base or a ship's bridge or whatever. If the truce is for the purpose of fighting the borg then why be all buddy buddy on the cardassian front?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Although I agree with the OP's idea, I do not agree with the idea of a fully fledged starbase instead of what we've got at Battle Group Omega.

I like that i'm able to access the exchange and bank etc without having to beam down to a station for 40 extra large hypo's if I happen to run out

BGO is the only place to do this in space.

It would be kinda cool to visit another ship at Omega for the STF gear; afterall the battle group was set up to deal with the borg threat, and now, due to the STF queues, we can begin an STF in Romulan or Cardassian space, not in Gamma where it should be. Kinda takes away the immersion feel.

Must be a reason they chose DS9 though...
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I really hope they move the STF Store back to Omega Fleet where it belongs, because it doesn't make sense for it to be on DS9. In addition, with the STFs now queued, the only reason to even be in Gamma Orionis are Episodes or Exploring B'Tran. Which makes Gamma Orionis itself a graveyard, along with Omega Fleet.

As for Klingons, in order to collect their STF rewards, they have to travel all the way to DS9 and will have to travel back to Qo'nos for DOFF business. But with the Transwarp Gate right there, they could easily visit Omega Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-23-2011, 04:51 PM
+1 Battle Group Omega makes the only sense for Omega Fleet Headquarters and the STF store and yes please redesign it.

From either a Trek or just common sense perspective, why send us all the way to DS9 when the STFs are in Gamma O anyway?

Players have NO idea where to go to get stuff in BGO, you need signage here about 23897427842 times more than you need it in ESD. Every time I go, I just kinda hover around the ships until the popup I want appears.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I like all of these ideas.

I do like that Klingons can goto DS9, but at the same time it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Both in the sense of, "Why is the Omega offices even here?" and that it seems like a huge security risk for Starfleet.

A shared starbase that also acts as a new social zone for both factions is an amazing idea to me. Battlegroup Omega have been sitting there for 2 years now, they could have started construction of a starbase in that time!
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Use Starbase 82 (required to have completed Infected atleast once )

Replace Wildman with winters.. move wildman to SB82... uhhh make a cool klingon commander... throw in the stuff we need... banks,mail,vendors,exchange... throw in the stuff we want... tailor, dabo!... dead borg.. and everyones a winner