Lt. Commander
# 1 Character Transfer
11-21-2011, 01:39 PM
I dont know i anyone has posted a question about this or not and I realize I may take some flack for this one so here goes...

Is there a possibility for the soon to be gold members that have done the F2P testing to transfer characters we ahve created on Tribble to holodeck?

I am only asking becasue like others i have invested considerable time on building a Federation and Klingon Character from the ground up in the F2P test and I dont just want to lose them.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP_DOC View Post
I dont know i anyone has posted a question about this or not and I realize I may take some flack for this one so here goes...

Is there a possibility for the soon to be gold members that have done the F2P testing to transfer characters we ahve created on Tribble to holodeck?

I am only asking becasue like others i have invested considerable time on building a Federation and Klingon Character from the ground up in the F2P test and I dont just want to lose them.....
The answer is a Resounding NO...

And yes it's been asked ad-infinitum.

Rehpic and StormShade have said at least once, that it was not something that is even being condisered... (wait for it)... at this time.

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2011, 01:43 PM
You are rewarded for paying Cryptic to test their stuff though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
You are rewarded for paying Cryptic to test their stuff though.
...as long as you are a Paying Customer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
I dont know i anyone has posted a question about this or not
Search is your friend.

Quote:

Will never happen. No MMO I've ever played has allowed you to transfer characters from a test server to a live server. This is due to incompatibilities between the two systems that may(in the worst case scenario) cause the live server's database to be corrupted.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Won't happen and just incase you want to here or in this case read it straight from a Dev then you can see the reply by Rehpic in this thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...99#post3816999.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Ok I had never heard it before. That is kina what I figured anyway....oh well. Sorry I posted it twice I dont post a lot so I got a little confused with it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:

Never. No way. That would be like a sin in software development. You need to detach yourself and accept tribble accounts will be reset one day. That is why the rewards are there, so we get something out of it.

Also it would make tribble, not a test shard. People would go play on it with every new toon then come on the forum complaining about bugs. They are already are, I just replied too a thread of complaints about bugs on tribble.

People eh!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Never. No way. That would be like a sin in software development. You need to detach yourself and accept tribble accounts will be reset one day. That is why the rewards are there, so we get something out of it.

Also it would make tribble, not a test shard. People would go play on it with every new toon then come on the forum complaining about bugs. They are already are, I just replied too a thread of complaints about bugs on tribble.

People eh!
People (meaning me) realize completely that Tribble is a Test Shard...

But when the Test Shard becomes so BUGGED that it is close to impossible for some, to play the game...,

It's completely reasonable to speak up.

And in actuality, it seems the Dev's were listening,...

...cause the Test Shard was pulled for Emergency Maintenance a little while ago.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-21-2011, 04:13 PM
No, no possibility whatsoever.