Lt. Commander
# 1 Blacksheep - new, casual fleet
11-22-2011, 08:17 AM
The Blacksheep, is a new and small casual fleet with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We are a group with a slight Star Trek addiction.

Why are we a casual fleet? We understand that for most of us, real life events take priority over computer games, and because of this, you canít be on here any time you choose. We strive to be a relaxed and fun group. There are no mandatory meetings you have to attend; there are no mandatory events; there isnít even a fleet uniform youíre required to wear. We do have a fleet patch, but wearing it is strictly your decision. Like most other folks, we are on STO because we want to have fun. If it's not fun, then why do it? As we grow, we will begin scheduling regular fun events, some are already planned and started. We want to encourage people's enjoyment of the game by being helpful, friendly and respectful... and a little humor never hurts! People who exemplify these ideals are always welcome.

Are there many rules? We try to keep the rules to a minimum, but realize there must be some order in place to keep things running smooth. Our Articles of Conduct explain how our fleet is run and provides a guide to keep things on course, even if some of the leadership is away for extended periods. There is no single dictator within the Blacksheep. We have a governing body made up of our highest ranked officers which make decisions for the fleet.

Is there an age requirement? Star Trek Online consists of players of all ages from all over the world. We are looking for players with a good attitude, who like to help others and want to have a good time. We know that age doesn't always reflect a personís character. There are minors that have traits far beyond their years, and there are seniors that you would believe are still in elementary school. If you like helping others, treat people with courtesy, and looking to have fun, you will probably fit right in no matter the age. Most of our members are over the age of 18, but not all.

Does the fleet have any tools? We have a web site that contains the following sections: Messages; Files; Photos; Links; Database; Polls, and a Calendar. The site is for our members to exchange ideas and information and gives another outlet to have fun.

We donít do heavy-handed recruiting techniques. You will never see us shout out spam recruiting messages, and will never send blind invites. Those techniques are against fleet policy. When we do run across people who seem like they would fit in with the Blacksheep, we might chat with them and inquire if they would be interested. We would rather go slow and treat people as we would want to be treated and find good folks rather than go on a recruiting blitz and bring in large numbers of people of questionable integrity.

As a new fleet, we have a lot of room to grow. Those folks that get involved now will play a major role in the shaping and direction of the fleet. If you want to be with us from the ground floor, then please jump in!

We are not looking to become the largest, fastest growing group. Rather, we want quality people who wish to have a good time in a relaxed atmosphere. It is our hope that by maintaining this philosophy, we will strengthen with a caliber of individuals you rarely see.

If you are interested in joining, or want more information, please feel free send an in-game message to @Troubl or reply to this thread.

Wishing you fair winds and smooth sailing,

Captain Ron
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubl View Post
The Blacksheep, is a new and small casual fleet with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We are a group with a slight Star Trek addiction.

Why are we a casual fleet? We understand that for most of us, real life events take priority over computer games, and because of this, you canít be on here any time you choose. We strive to be a relaxed and fun group. There are no mandatory meetings you have to attend; there are no mandatory events; there isnít even a fleet uniform youíre required to wear. We do have a fleet patch, but wearing it is strictly your decision. Like most other folks, we are on STO because we want to have fun. If it's not fun, then why do it? As we grow, we will begin scheduling regular fun events, some are already planned and started. We want to encourage people's enjoyment of the game by being helpful, friendly and respectful... and a little humor never hurts! People who exemplify these ideals are always welcome.

Are there many rules? We try to keep the rules to a minimum, but realize there must be some order in place to keep things running smooth. Our Articles of Conduct explain how our fleet is run and provides a guide to keep things on course, even if some of the leadership is away for extended periods. There is no single dictator within the Blacksheep. We have a governing body made up of our highest ranked officers which make decisions for the fleet.

Is there an age requirement? Star Trek Online consists of players of all ages from all over the world. We are looking for players with a good attitude, who like to help others and are want to have a good time. We know that age sometimes does not reflect a personís character. There are minors that have traits far beyond their years, and there are seniors that you would believe are still in elementary school. If you like helping others, treat people with courtesy, and looking to have fun, you will probably fit right in no matter the age. Most of our members are over the age of 18, but not all.

Does the fleet have any tools? We have a web site that contains the following sections: Messages; Files; Photos; Links; Database; Polls, and a Calendar. The site is for our members to exchange ideas and information and gives another outlet to have fun.

We donít do heavy-handed recruiting techniques. You will never see us shout out spam recruiting messages, and will never send blind invites. Those techniques are against fleet policy. When we run do run across people who seem like they would fit in with the Blacksheep, we might chat with them and inquire if they would be interested. We would rather go slow and treat people as we would want to be treated and find good folks rather than go on a recruiting blitz and bring in large numbers of people of questionable integrity.

As a new fleet, we have a lot of room to grow. Those folks that get involved now will play a major role in the shaping and direction of the fleet. If you want to be with us from the ground floor, then please jump in!

We are not looking to become the largest, fastest growing group. Rather, we want quality people who wish to have a good time in a relaxed atmosphere. It is our hope that by maintaining this philosophy, we will strengthen with a caliber of individuals you rarely see.

If you are interested in joining, or want more information, please feel free send an in-game message to @Trouble or reply to this thread.

Wishing you fair winds and smooth sailing,

Captain Ron
Been looking for a fleet for some time.
I'm a "SCIENCE/RESEARCH" Officer my name is S_Task, toon Vulcan
My ship is the Vulcan D'Kyr
And, I know being a Ambassador for fleet too. would like to join
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Task
Been looking for a fleet for some time.
I'm a "SCIENCE/RESEARCH" Officer my name is S_Task, toon Vulcan
My ship is the Vulcan D'Kyr
And, I know being a Ambassador for fleet too. would like to join
Howdie S_Task!

I sent a reply to your in-game message. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, and hope we're the kind of fleet you're looking for.

All the best,
...Captain Ron
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubl View Post
Howdie S_Task!

I sent a reply to your in-game message. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, and hope we're the kind of fleet you're looking for.

All the best,
...Captain Ron
I can't get into the game right now but would like to join your fleet. Do you have fleet web forum?
If you don't, I can but one up if you like. we can use Private Messages here
And thanks S_Task
P.S. Tack a look at this if you like it Fix it up
http://nbsf.forumotion.com/
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Task
I can't get into the game right now but would like to join your fleet. Do you have fleet web forum?
If you don't, I can but one up if you like. we can use Private Messages here
And thanks S_Task
P.S. Tack a look at this if you like it Fix it up
http://nbsf.forumotion.com/
Yes, we have a fleet site that includes a Message area, a place for Files, Screenshots, Polls, a Calendar, and more. Once you're able to get online, we'll be able to invite you to the fleet and then get you access to the site. We do appreciate your offer to set one up though! Hope your online STO probs aren't too bad and you're able to get on soon.