Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
12-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Adm. Quinn, reinforcements have arrived at last! Mikey, my compliments, you know it, you admit it! The klis are OP, the feds are UP (unfairly pariah, or under powered)!
Lt. Commander
# 102
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
Well you are entitled to your own opinion, though wrong as it maybe. Roach I am in kerrat way more than you. From my exp and knowledge what i say is true. And i have seen it and been involved in it as well. You can ask anyone from X=Treme, or WOG. when there are even numbers on both sides the feds die everytime.
So what makes the difference that leads to KDF victory?

I ask becuase I do not see the feds die everytime the scales are balanced KDF/FED in Ker'ret and unless the KDF has all but left and its only fielding the newest of players in the Ques the Feds seem to do much better on average.
Maybe its a numbers thing? or it boils down to player skill and experience.
Lt. Commander
# 103
12-01-2011, 09:56 AM
The extreme turn rate plus the dual heavy cannons plus the battle cloak or the enhanced battle cloak plus a very skilled player (I know it and I admit it) make a group of bops nearly invincible! Did I say something wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 104
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
The extreme turn rate plus the dual heavy cannons plus the battle cloak or the enhanced battle cloak plus a very skilled player (I know it and I admit it) make a group of bops nearly invincible! Did I said something wrong?
SO the might of the KDF rests soley in the hands of the most flexible but weakest vessel in the game as piloted by good players?

I find the same effect when I am one of those BoPs flying in to attack a group of Excelsiors supported by Intrepid-Rs, MVAM and Defiant_Rs. So whats the difference? ships? weapon loadouts? or experience in how to use them?

Its a circular arguement that has no bearings in fact when one steps back and realizes that the feds have more vessels to use to allow them the same advantages that we KDF enjoy in fewer vessel choices.
Lt. Commander
# 105
12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Roach, my nice kli friend, please, what have you just said? The feds win only if they deploy the best starships supporting each other and this happens only in a well organized premade team! In a pug team or at Ker'rat we feds (UP) are doomed!
Lt. Commander
# 106
12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Roach, my nice kli friend, please, what have you just said? The feds win only if they deploy the best starships supporting each other and this happens only in a well organized premade team! In a pug team or at Ker'rat we feds (UP) are doomed!
No, I said I see the same thing as what you have seen us do in BoPs in Ker'rat.
A good team comprised of good ships doing a good job in PvP and wining more often than not becuase of good players.

Then I said the only difference lies in that the feds have more ships to pull from to do teh same thing that we KDF can do with less ships.
Laughibliy it mirrors STO fairly well, The feds have the quanity while the KDF has the quality.
Lt. Commander
# 107
12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Eh no, it's more easy to assemble a group of bops with the universal bridge officer slots than to organize a team with the best fed starships, and that happens only in a premade...:p
Lt. Commander
# 108
12-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Eh no, it's more easy to assemble a group of bops with the universal bridge officer slots than to organize a team with the best fed starships, and that happens only in a premade...:p
*Sigh, Those UNI slots are not as scary as you think, if they're trying to gank you, chances are they've to a CO Tac station, and a LTC Sci station... (Sci MVAM anyone?)

Secondly, Please fly a BoP before you say what is and isnt' easier, I assume you haven't flown a T5 Bop based on the above comment. BoP's are hard to master, and are designed to hit and run. The entire build must be built with those first 20 seconds of the engagement in mind. They're also the Squsihest ships in the game, period.

I know you think its the ships that are "I win" buttons, but I assure you 9/10 its the players. Feds have hands down some of the best ships in the game. Ask those same klinks that blow you up to a match on thier feds (they do have feds!) and the result will be the same. If feds could go to a FvF kerrat, I'm sure you'd be talking about how a group of Defiants is way easier than putting together a team....as if "invite to team" is difficult..:p
Lt. Commander
# 109
12-01-2011, 11:07 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Eh no, it's more easy to assemble a group of bops with the universal bridge officer slots
Until LTC there is nothing but BoPs to fly- so everyone gets a time in them on the KDF.
Secondly only Tac and ENg get to leave the BoP at LTC, Sci is in the cold until BG.
So i am not surprised that fed see a lot of BoPs in play.

Quote:
than to organize a team with the best fed starships, and that happens only in a premade...:p
Funny, I see fleets quite often in Ker'rat as well as soloists and they seem to work quite well when they work together.
Don't blaim the KDF becuase we don't (4-9-3-11) around and get right down to bussiness from the moment we enter the game.

Heck at one point in the past we KDF'ers even gave tips, tricks and pointers just to help those new to the faction aclimate to gameplay. We put effort into our gameplay and PvP.

In all that time the KDF and BoP in particular had no buffs, no new ships, nothing to help them fend off the tide of Federation "new". No special consoles or powers to offset the fed cloak detecting grid thingy, No thing to offset or help us counter the MVAM, the Intrepids Ablative armor or a whole slew of fed improvements and enhancements (some based just on the OP KDF stigmata) ment to balance the grand KDF advanatge of one farging ship.

It is actually a little insulting that these same threads pop-up and claim KDF OP as we have been fed tey for attention for 2 years and yet, somehow we are still OP in the eyes of those whom have often supported the lack of attention we have recieved up until recently.

Has the feds gotten so much stuff over these two years they don't even know how to use it properly?
Is that our fault too?
Lt. Commander
# 110
12-01-2011, 11:13 AM
One last thing.

I stopped playing PvP becuase I was tired of the tangqa'tey of being spammed everytime in a match by SS, AMS, Harpeng and BFAW while they where broken or without reliable counter and still recieving the same line of tey, " the KDF are OP" in the process.
What the point of playing my fandom even when I'm at a disadvantage and still get told I do well only becuase the feds believe we are OP.

Thats just pure tangqa'tey