Lt. Commander
# 51
11-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
IIRC, the stun immunity works like this:

- you get stunned.
- the stun ends. A buff (Emergency Dampeners) is applied that ends all current stuns and makes you immune to stuns for the duration of the buff.

Maybe something changed? Maybe the second stun now actually overrides the first stun, so that the "stun ends" condition is never fulfilled and you don't get ED? Or ED no longer clears still active stuns, so you can again overlap and chain stuns, provided you trigger them before the first stun expires?
Or maybe, you can now subnuke the ED buff away?
I did find a wierd bug yesterday in Ker'rat though. A Tricobalt Rift can give a perma-stun greying out your powers completely unless you leave the zone and re-enter. Not even death removed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I don't think the second stun locks you down anymore but the repel is still there so you get the ping pong effect.
Are we still talking about PSW/CPB?
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I did find a wierd bug yesterday in Ker'rat though. A Tricobalt Rift can give a perma-stun greying out your powers completely unless you leave the zone and re-enter. Not even death removed it.
Yeah, you can usually /logout if you need (which obviously acts like zoning).

Quote:
Are we still talking about PSW/CPB?
Aye, PSW. CPB doesn't repel and isn't effected by resists but PSW still is as far as I can tell.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-29-2011, 07:22 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Yeah, you can usually /logout if you need (which obviously acts like zoning).
It was annoying. I had to beg someone to kill me to test if death would remove it.
Seems all things being equal that its now Death, Taxes and Tricobalt Rift stun are all a constant in life.:p

Quote:
Aye, PSW. CPB doesn't repel and isn't effected by resists but PSW still is as far as I can tell.
I still do not know where the second stun was comming from as WhamHammer has stated in his posts. I only run one PSW (I am skilled into it fully) and a single CBP, and I saw no one else using it.
Maybe lag cuased a hiccup? I was seeing the rare extra Heavy tricobalt torp every now and then and figured that was from lag.
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Just as a quick note - under the new skill tree, CPB will count as a stun/disable. While it's doesn't disable your ship in the same way that PSW does, it disables Cloaks. And that disable duration can be enhanced.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Just as a quick note - under the new skill tree, CPB will count as a stun/disable. While it's doesn't disable your ship in the same way that PSW does, it disables Cloaks. And that disable duration can be enhanced.
Interesting. This could be used to disable a BoP ability to attack and Cloak to run, removing (a bit ) the stigmata of its I win reputation. I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I disagree. The other day My Gal-X got chewed up in about 10 seconds, thats with ET2 and MW once I was Pulsified and PSWified. I have two Neutronium armors +35% shield capacity and a full Borg loadout. I also have a "space" skill loadout. That was with 2-3 people zapping me. No move= dead no matter what class your in.
My support cruiser runs two copies of EPtS3 along with RSP, hazard, TSS and all the engineer powers... it's a pretty tough nut to crack.
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
CPB doesn't apply stun, it disables cloak and strips shields.
Sometimes if you are above your target and target activate PSW, PSW will not stun you.
Sometimes, while u stunned by PSW, and before stun is over, someone else activate PSW, you will get stunned again. And also repelled. I think both of these scenarios are connected with server lag, and they happen from time to time.
Previously, in the description for PSW, there was a immunity to stun applied after recover for it 30-60 seconds (dont remember which). Now a team can just "perma-stun" a player. Thats just not right, and almost to the point of griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
I don't think the second stun locks you down anymore but the repel is still there so you get the ping pong effect.
Not what I've encountered.:

1) I was stunned (could do nothing)
2) for a short moment (not even enough time to hit A2ID or anything else) it cleared
3) I was almost immediately stunned again. (could do nothing, again).
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
2-3 people should be able to easily chew a hole in a single target if they even remotely co-ordinate.
Though I have seen some Engineers whom held out (and some escaped) quite well in Ker'rat
Today in fact.
In fact they where all excellent Players regardless of carreer
Starwrath was holding his own much better than I (sal right? Killed me at 10.6 km and moving?)
Solar is an excellent Cruiser pilot,
Phoebe is another...
I could name more.

It does suck to caught in the net of GW, SS, AMs, Tb, EWp, Tyr, madness in any PvP.
Focus fire is a killer.
Like I've said. I don't mind losing in a good fight. Focus fire makes sense (unless a team is there to heal spam), but not being allowed to participate in ones own demise, thats another thing.

The PvPing Ive been doing hasn't been gloryhounding/victory intense. I've parked my Excelsior (to which I know I am a better Captain of) and been trying to learn how to run a Gal-X, so I can anchor a team in PvP.
I know I am not going to win most of the time. I am just trying to learn what has been going on so I can better adapt and overcome.
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-29-2011, 09:18 AM
[quote=Roach;3879318]
Quote:

I still do not know where the second stun was comming from as WhamHammer has stated in his posts. I only run one PSW (I am skilled into it fully) and a single CBP, and I saw no one else using it.
Maybe lag cuased a hiccup? I was seeing the rare extra Heavy tricobalt torp every now and then and figured that was from lag.
I did see the animations for PSW both times it happened. I doubt you were the one for both of them. I figured another Klingon set it off. As far as lag goes, I know I wasn't experiencing any at the time. Unless CBP has a new animation that looks like PSW, I doubt I mistook the two. And there weren't any clouds of extra heavy trico' goodness around either.