Lt. Commander
# 61
11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Like I've said. I don't mind losing in a good fight. Focus fire makes sense (unless a team is there to heal spam), but not being allowed to participate in ones own demise, thats another thing.
The PvPing Ive been doing hasn't been gloryhounding/victory intense. I've parked my Excelsior (to which I know I am a better Captain of) and been trying to learn how to run a Gal-X, so I can anchor a team in PvP.
I know I am not going to win most of the time. I am just trying to learn what has been going on so I can better adapt and overcome.
Not pointing fingers just stating that 2-3 odds against should win most times and even then I've seen some players (mainly engineering but sometimes Science) take all that 2-3 to 1 abuse and live in PvP.
Timing, skill and situatioanl awareness are the most important thing in PvP. If I could master any of them I would be a betetr player myself.

Quote:
I did see the animations for PSW both times it happened. I doubt you were the one for both of them. I figured another Klingon set it off. As far as lag goes, I know I wasn't experiencing any at the time. Unless CBP has a new animation that looks like PSW, I doubt I mistook the two. And there weren't any clouds of extra heavy trico' goodness around either.
I will look and see what the CPB graphics look like ingame. THough I did notice that I was cranking out the odd extra Tric (not that it mattered. slow moving things that they are)

In the past when a player spammed alot of different powers too fast and at one time this would sometimes cause a graphic glitch that dispalyed the PSW burst without effect. Maybe now its having the effect too?
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Not pointing fingers just stating that 2-3 odds against should win most times and even then I've seen some players (mainly engineering but sometimes Science) take all that 2-3 to 1 abuse and live in PvP.
Timing, skill and situatioanl awareness are the most important thing in PvP. If I could master any of them I would be a betetr player myself.

I will look and see what the CPB graphics look like ingame. THough I did notice that I was cranking out the odd extra Tric (not that it mattered. slow moving things that they are)

In the past when a player spammed alot of different powers too fast and at one time this would sometimes cause a graphic glitch that dispalyed the PSW burst without effect. Maybe now its having the effect too?
Thanks Roach,

Just for the record, I never even considered you were pointing fingers (nor anyone else here fro that matter) . I was just trying to let everyone know that I am not the "uber" type , but someone who plays to have a good time. I do try to have situational awareness, but when your in a kinfe fight with two or three guys (especially in a space hawg) you can be totally aware , and thats okay. I know there are times when I am a real hard tank to bust, and others when I get nailed, I get nailed GOOD. I appreciate you looking into the effects and everything. Maybe it was a graphics thing. Not sure, maybe next time Im on, Ill find a Klingon on my friends list and ask them to throw some things at me in single PvP challlenge or something.
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Thanks Roach,

Just for the record, I never even considered you were pointing fingers (nor anyone else here fro that matter) . I was just trying to let everyone know that I am not the "uber" type , but someone who plays to have a good time. I do try to have situational awareness, but when your in a kinfe fight with two or three guys (especially in a space hawg) you can be totally aware , and thats okay. I know there are times when I am a real hard tank to bust, and others when I get nailed, I get nailed GOOD. I appreciate you looking into the effects and everything. Maybe it was a graphics thing. Not sure, maybe next time Im on, Ill find a Klingon on my friends list and ask them to throw some things at me in single PvP challlenge or something.
I tend to lose focus on what "person" I am posting in and I did not want to give the impression of being all L2P and other arrogancies. I'm not good enough player to start slapping my epeen around, so wanted you to know that my posts are not personal.

I certainly hope that the old graphic glitch is not now also doing an actual effect ingame.
To be honest though, things happen so fast in PvP that it is hard to keep track of whats going on most days and I can offer nothing bu theory on what you experienced.
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I tend to lose focus on what "person" I am posting in and I did not want to give the impression of being all L2P and other arrogancies. I'm not good enough player to start slapping my epeen around, so wanted you to know that my posts are not personal.

I certainly hope that the old graphic glitch is not now also doing an actual effect ingame.
To be honest though, things happen so fast in PvP that it is hard to keep track of whats going on most days and I can offer nothing bu theory on what you experienced.
Thanks, and I understand what youre saying.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
The question still remains, is there a counter to Graviton Pulse??
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
The question still remains, is there a counter to Graviton Pulse??
Engineering team as a hard counter.

APO as a soft counter.
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor

APO as a soft counter.
Just found this out today actually. I don't normally run with an Engineering Team so I wasn't sure. It does make sense I suppose. Still, up to 30 seconds is just craziness.
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor

APO as a soft counter.
Isn't APO going away in F2P?
Lt. Commander
# 69
11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
I haven't heard of that. Why would they be getting rid of an attack pattern at all? Or is AP:O3 one of the ones that will no longer be trainable because of the stupidly, overly condensed skill tree?
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I haven't heard of that. Why would they be getting rid of an attack pattern at all? Or is AP:O3 one of the ones that will no longer be trainable because of the stupidly, overly condensed skill tree?
Don't even get me started on the new skill tree. Why would anyone spend tier 5 skill points for critical chance and critical severity? They used to be tier 2 and 3 skills. Wasn't this new skill tree meant to allow for better ground and space combo toons? From what i can tell the need for separate toons will be even more prevalent now.