Lt. Commander
# 121
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
I do foresee one problem: New players get to their first "Defend the sector block" missions and they go to do them. Problem is, all those DSE's are filled with level 50's who just zoom by and one-shot everything, taking all the loot in the process. People ain't gonna stick around for that.
If I'm not mistaken they removed those.
Lt. Commander
# 122
12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If I'm not mistaken they removed those.
They're still on Holodeck right now. I ran across a few of said 50's blazing by, one-shotting and taking all the loot while I was trying to have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 123
12-01-2011, 04:18 PM
meh, the game blows and whether a large influx happens or not, that won't change any time soon. Bugs, malfunctioning game mechanics, and no new content (other than the boring, yet much vaunted Doff system).

I doubt the new players will stay, because there's more options out there, and many of those options aren't as actively making you spend real money on them.

But don't let that stop the fanbois > This game needs a miracle in the current MMO enviroment, and just like everything else, ST aims to fail at almost all it does.
Lt. Commander
# 124
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
meh, the game blows and whether a large influx happens or not, that won't change any time soon. Bugs, malfunctioning game mechanics, and no new content (other than the boring, yet much vaunted Doff system).

I doubt the new players will stay, because there's more options out there, and many of those options aren't as actively making you spend real money on them.

But don't let that stop the fanbois > This game needs a miracle in the current MMO enviroment, and just like everything else, ST aims to fail at almost all it does.
^ Sadly getting closer to the truth every day.
Lt. Commander
# 125
12-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post

+1

2 weeks worth of very repetitive content to hit max level and have nothing to do
P2W ships in the c-store = dead PvP
Worst crafting system in any MMO
Hardly any endgame content and whats there is nothing more than the more basic gear grind

Yeah that will keep the hordes of F2P people spending a fortune in the c-store - NOT.
Lt. Commander
# 126
12-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Ya know, with the effort they put into remaking the STF's they coulda made shiney new ones that appealed to the less hardcore group gameplay minded players.
Lt. Commander
# 127
12-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
if people want to shot themselves in the foot by actively turning people away new paying customers rather than trying to encourage them to try it and make up their own mind then so be it.
I have some things I would like you to try and make up your own mind about... odd, your logic didnt seem to hold up there.

To the OP, you are silly if you dont think going F2P will bring people into the game. There are tons of college kids who honestly dont have $15 a month to spend on an MMO or they can only afford a main MMO and then play a few F2P's on the side. I am not a fan of STO and am very vocal about it and even I know going F2P will bring in more people. The question is, will it bring in more money...
Lt. Commander
# 128
12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jounar View Post
Yeah that will keep the hordes of F2P people spending a fortune in the c-store - NOT.
Whats worse is that most of Cryptic's main issues aren't just problems. they're problems that affect what could become the best parts of the game.

The PvP system *could* become quite good.
The Star Trek IP is *rich* with material and ideas for a GOOD crafting system.
The FvK war is *prime* material for 'endgame' war-type/territory control systems.
Lt. Commander
# 129
12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
I have some things I would like you to try and make up your own mind about... odd, your logic didnt seem to hold up there.

To the OP, you are silly if you dont think going F2P will bring people into the game. There are tons of college kids who honestly dont have $15 a month to spend on an MMO or they can only afford a main MMO and then play a few F2P's on the side. I am not a fan of STO and am very vocal about it and even I know going F2P will bring in more people. The question is, will it bring in more money...
You need to take into account the amount of F2P games on the market these days and most if not all are a much better product than STO is. Not to mention GW2 comes out next year which has no subscription fee and looks to be a kick *** game.