Lt. Commander
Considering that everything in the game costs dilithium now (almost everything), please at least let us rename our ships and bridge officers with energy cash and not with dilithium. The only thing that currently doesn't cost any dilithium is bridge officer skill training at ESD (trainer). That now costs energy credits. So why not the renaming thing as well?

I think the conversion should be like this:

Merits = Energy Credits (for the sake of making it a bit harder, let's say 1 Merit = 100 Energy Credits), used for bridge officer training and renaming, as well as ship renaming.
Badges, Marks, Emblems = Dilithium, used for buying and crafting uncommon, rare and very rare gear at even and some odd mark levels.
Latinum = Same use as before, perhaps more opportunities to spend Latinum (GPL) would be nice.

~ Meow
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
Considering that everything in the game costs dilithium now (almost everything), please at least let us rename our ships and bridge officers with energy cash and not with dilithium. The only thing that currently doesn't cost any dilithium is bridge officer skill training at ESD (trainer). That now costs energy credits. So why not the renaming thing as well?

I think the conversion should be like this:

Merits = Energy Credits (for the sake of making it a bit harder, let's say 1 Merit = 100 Energy Credits), used for bridge officer training and renaming, as well as ship renaming.
Badges, Marks, Emblems = Dilithium, used for buying and crafting uncommon, rare and very rare gear at even and some odd mark levels.
Latinum = Same use as before, perhaps more opportunities to spend Latinum (GPL) would be nice.

~ Meow
Hate to say it but this is probably going to stay this way, its intentional, they want real money in as much of the game as they can get. Looking at the big picture its clear they want you to spend cash as they have so many drains on Dilitium, and so few ways to get it, and its gated as well. Its all about greed. which makes me sad considering the "vision" of Star trek had evolved so far past personal greed and money.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Renaming boffs and ships is a rather small area of the game, and not many people even use that opportunity. That's why I thought (just as BO training at ESD) it could be changed. Let's hope for the best.

~ Meow
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-23-2011, 09:19 AM
I dont understand why we are not earning energy credits on every mission?

The idea was that dilithium was to replace all other known currencies and have one unified economy.
Unfortunately cryptic saw $ signs over players needs, so Instead we have dilithium that is time gated on not only how much we can refine per day, but how much we can earn. Energy credits being used for buying normal stuff and training boffs, and borg salvage (EDC) for only top gear and borg stuff.

Not a very unified economy is it, why bother to go through all the changes if we end up with the same mess of random currencies?

Dilithium, which the devs keep trying to tell us, is a "time" based currency, so why are we not earning dilithium on every single misssion we do in the game no matter what it is as well? Is our time not worth as much doing the story missions etc?

As a f2p player, they will need to be able to earn energy credits on every mission as a minimum so they can train their boffs. They should also be earning dilithium as I said above because they are putting time into the game, surely the should be getting some time based currency!
Lt. Commander
# 5 Uh...did I miss something?
11-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I ask, because as of about 30 seconds ago, renaming your ship costs EC, not dilithium. But I do agree with renaming of BOFFs and and your own character should be EC as well.

Then again, and I do hate to say this, how often...do you *really* rename your BOFF's and characters? To me it *should* cost you something to rename yourself. After all....you don't just wake up and say...you know what...I'm tired of being John Anderson, and I think I'll become Tinkerbell Jones...and I'm sure if your BOFF's could talk, they would just get up and rename themselves randomly either.