Lt. Commander
# 21
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Actually, they said the c-store changes would not be made until they actually launched F2P in January, since people would be paying their subscription fees until then.
Oh...
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2683

Kinda sounds like they're changing everything since the current Tribble build includes the price changes.
I also couldn't find a post from a Developer saying the price changes wouldn't go into effect until after the official start of F2P, perhaps you can, donno.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
D'Angelo wrote both of them -- though your source doesn't have a single reference to the C-Store where he stated elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
First, we plan to bring the C-Store prices back in line for a subscription game before the Tribble build makes it to Holodeck. The prices won't go up to the current Tribble levesl until we have Silver members (non-subscribers) in the game.

Exactly when we bring the build to Holodeck will depend on how the build is looking. That is why I gave an 8 day target window. We think we can hit December 1, but it may take longer to get everything to where it needs to be.
By the way, the F2P Dev Blog was November 9, my quote above is November 10.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
D'Angelo wrote both of them -- though your source doesn't have a single reference to the C-Store where he stated elsewhere:

By the way, the F2P Dev Blog was November 9, my quote above is November 10.
lol...Ok I stand corrected...
I still wouldn't be surprised, tho. His post does say "before all the big changes come to the C-Store in early December."
He must be talking about some other big changes.

Doesn't matter to me, I bought everything I might want already and none of the new ones on Tribble interest me now that I've tried a few.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
I've not bought a thing, but the Puyjaq and Exeter, as well as the K't'inga refit and Bellerophon are showing as FREE.

Infact most of the ships are showing as FREE. In a bit of a hurry to push your wares this time Cryptic?
Sounds like an odd bug. I wonder if a whole slew of early clickers got a nice selection of free ships, consoles and skins.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Now I'm seeing 2 of every ship, one for free and one for full price.
There's a bug with the store right now which is allowing players to see the reclaim versions of all the items on the store. If you have not purchased an item, you will not be able to claim the free version. If you log in, and then out of the game while experiencing this bug, it should clear right up.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the Sale STO. However, since your brothers over at CO are offering a better sale (up to 50% off) and have continued to offer new story mission-type content these last 8+ months (even while there were no in-office cups), I think I will spend my existing/remaining CP there.

Edit: Well, perhaps I spoke too soon. The CO announcement was misleading, or at least I and others misunderstood. The sale only applies to select items that as an LTS either don't apply to me or I've no interest in, but most items are full price. So only "better" if you're looking for those items. And I did pick-up one thing, so that was cool.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the sale!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I'll buy something once we get real PvE PvP content for our subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Thanks for the Sale STO. However, since your brothers over at CO are offering a better sale (up to 50% off) and have continued to offer new story mission-type content these last 8+ months (even while there were no in-office cups), I think I will spend my existing/remaining CP there.
Cheers for the tip! Had a few CeePees left over from more optimistic times, so at least I know where they're going now.

Bit of luck the Cryptic Studios that make Champions Online haven't had to deal with Atari selling them, and then Perfect World taking over, otherwise we'd really be in trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnogE00F
I'll buy something once we get real PvE PvP content for our subscription.
I was thinking wow If I had some C points what would I buy with this sale and then I looked for around 30-45 mins and was like wow... nothing.