Lt. Commander
# 11
11-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Hah. Indeed there was a DirectX option or something when Season 4 was released. But they later said the option was non-functional. (Although some people really believed their graphics changed)

Unfortunately, since the developers are not even capable of fixing new bugs and old bugs in a reasonable timeframe, I doubt DirectX 10/11 support will be implemented at all.
Fixed that for ya
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
The improvements to the gameplay experience are obviously dependent on the level of detail the game developer decides to exploit out of DX11. You have two options as a developer with DX11: 1.) Use DX11 to improve raw performance, which can be gained from using the API or 2.) Use that extra performance to add on extra effects and improve image quality in certain ways.

DX11 supports many features, but it is up the developer to how much they use it, and how much they add, and what they do with the capabilities of DX11 at hand. Some may not utilize it for IQ improvements, opting for the performance improvement, while others will only use a couple of features or effects, while others will go in-depth with graphics options and capability.

How much the developers would utilize DX11 for this game, well that is unknown.

I would like to see Tessellation used to improve model quality, as well as environment quality, higher quality textures, better Ambient Occlusion, in the way of HBAO, better soft shadows, in the way of Multi-View Soft Shadows (MVSS), perhaps. I'd also like to see better environments, higher quality trees/foliage/vegetation, if they had to add SpeedTree. I'd like to see Shader Based AA added to the game in the form of FXAA, which would improve specular aliasing and transparency aliasing. I'd like to see better bit-depth HDR, lens effects, and high quality lighting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Not abandoned, yet...

They're just internally quibbling over whether to put in on the C-Store or make it into a separate $10 DLC patch.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Not abandoned, yet...

They're just internally quibbling over whether to put in on the C-Store or make it into a separate $10 DLC patch.
Good point!
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh lord...if this was so.

The fury of discontent will be EPIC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Not abandoned, yet...

Lt. Commander
# 16
11-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
Oh lord...if this was so.

The fury of discontent will be EPIC.
As epic as the fury would be and rightfully so, it would also be the best selling item ever introduced on the C Store.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm hoping something happens to the graphics engine, as I find the game feels sluggish on my system compared to other MMOs. Doesn't matter which resolution option I select, the game feels sluggish
It seemed when the so called DX11 first came in, the game actually ran smoothly! Then when they removed whatever it was relating to DX11 or the fake DX11, the game became sluggish
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-28-2011, 02:09 AM
I could have sworn I enabled DX11 in the settings many moons ago. Heh.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-28-2011, 04:58 AM
dx11 was in the settings but was added by some UI guy probably and it didnt actually hook up to anything.

I like the graphics as they are now...dont NEED any of the new dx11 features..however if it improves performance and puts less stress on my card so I can get some extra fps that would be nice
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I am happy to see in the latest dev diary that dx11 is enabled on tribble for testing! I am glad to see it isn't abandoned. Kudos Cryptic!