Lt. Commander
# 1 Small craft additions
11-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Should Cryptic add a more original shuttlecraft or fighter for starfleet players? I'd like to see one, as long as they dont hollow it out anywhere, like with the Shikhar or Comet class ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Maybe... The only thing to really do with small craft with delta flyer crafting being eaten by the dilithium exchange is the Vault and farm anomalies in exploration sectors. If there were more to do with them (maybe a PVP mode, more missions - particularly if there's one in most FEs and doubly so if FEs are brought out reasonably often, even a shuttle fleet action or STF, like a nebula or atmospheric dogfight).

This is definitely a case of needing a sandbox before I'll want new toys.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-25-2011, 01:27 PM
I would like to see the Workbee and Scorpion fighter added to both sides. Also, I would like to see the TOS Movie era ships like the spacedock shuttle added to the Federation side. The Scorpion should not be purchaseable until AFTER completeing "The Vault". The workbee should be EC purchacable like the Runabout and b basic type 6/8.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Delta Flyer
01-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I main the delta flyer right now. I'm at captain and I can still complete most missions. There are a lot more things that you can do besides just farming for crafting materials
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2012, 09:20 AM
They really could do a few things with the auxiliary vessels.

1: Resize them more towards proper scale, theres no real rational explanation for mis-sized ships.

2: Give us more missions that run, either by scaling normal missions to aux class or creating some by simple modification.

3: Give them a purpose in mutilplayer perhaps? One main vessel to achieve a primary goal, secondary vessels to achieve other goals simultaneously.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Prior to season 4 when they release the fighters for both sides Cryptic made statements about the possibility of fighter/shuttle only missions and possiblty PvP maps.
How long ago was that?
Don't hold yer breath...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Oh...I'm not expecting them to actually do any of this. It isnt like they already have the framework of any of this in place already.....
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Too make Kerrat mor intersting, it would be neat if players in shuttles/fighters did not aggro borg ship unless they actually attacked one. Right now, if a player comes within 8KM of a Borg ship, that ship attacks. Borg ships should ignore shuttles unless said shuttle attacks first. This would create an extra use for small craft, and open up a new set of strategies for completeing the Kerrat Space war.