Lt. Commander
# 1 notice of change
11-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I a player on these forum known as Khemaraa Iron Hand declare myself done with TTS testing of Startrek Online material on the Tribble server.

I reserve to myself the priveledge of maintaining characters on the Tribble test server for my enjoyment and recreation, but at this time chose to no longer activly provide feedback to Cryptic Studio's, its emplyees or assigns.

This is to serve notice of this change of contract. As a payed user with a life time account I am excersizing my contractual right at this time.

I am excersizing this right for the following reasons.

1. Cryptic Studio's has failed to developed any significant mission content for the Klingon (KDF) faction prior to this time and during the curreent testing of the Free to play "Build" on the tribble test server in my opinion.

2. The percieved failure to develop significant mission content does in my opinion significantly reduce any chances of me to have recouped my personal investment in time and money provided to Cryptic Studio'ss for the deleopment of the MMO title "Star Trek online" and has signifiacntly harmed this specific title's standing in the MMO marketplace.

3 As a MMO's popularity is directly related to its persistant player population, and the failure by Cryptic Sudio's to develop in a timely manner aformentioned Klingon (KDF) mission content, and said lack of developments long term effect on said popularity and player population, It is my personal opinion that any further providing by myself of gratis assitance and service to Cryptic Studio's is no longer a productive or profitable use of my time.

4. If Cryptic Studio' should choose to shift its policies and development to implement further development of KDF mission specific content I would be pleased to provide my services once again without charge or required recompence other then what Cryptic Studio's should choose to provide. Untill that time I withdraw
my services.

5. I require Cryptic Studio's to abide by all previous contractual obligations to my self as a paid life time account subscriber of services to the product "STar Trek Online", and fully reserve the right as provided under U.S. law, that being the nation state where Cryptic Studio's operates as a business entity, to state my dis-satisfaction with the level of service provided and any percieved lack of quality and content in the product subscribed to known as "Star Trek Online". This right is reserved to any place or time of my chosing, and any venue for the staing of said opinons I should choose to make use of.

6 I reserve the right to state any satisfaction with said product at any time, or place of my choosing in all particulars as noted in the previous statement.

7. Let it be known I am under no oblegation, legal, moral, or otherwise to make excuse to Cryptic Studios for this posting apon the Cryptic Studio's forums provided for the use of Star Trek online subscribers and players, or any other forums provided by any other entities. If Cryptic Studios representitives, employees or assign belive defferently then let them show cause with suit filed with the courts of the State of California where the business entity known as Cryptic Studio's does operate, otherwise be silent.

Personal additon::
I've made post after post, after post. Some of them have been paid attention to. I am pleased with that. But for the most part I feel the Cryptic studio's has dropped the ball. I feel that the Star Trek online MMO has failed to deliver on its implied promises as an MMO. I feel strongly that Cryptic Studio's has faled to deliver value in this product, and that it has chosen to purpously mis lead its customers. I feel that Cryptic Studio's has lied time and time again about fulfilling past promises of Klingon, KDF faction content, and are doing so yet again. I have decades of expert knowledge on games, gaming, conputers, computer gaming, and both the gaming, and the computer gaming industry. I have no argument per se or differnces with any of the Cryptic's Studio's employess I have talked with, exchanged communications with, or had contact with directly in any way shape or form. I am witness to some dedicated, hard working people. And I wish them all the best. I bought my LTM on the implied promise that even though there were issues with STO when it originally release 22 months ago they would be made right. What can I say? What I can say is that it hasn't happened. 6 weeks and counting on testing a Free to play build, and there are major issues still in extent that have not been resolved to we the customers satisfaction. The primary issue is not game mechanics, or the dilithium economy, or the c-store, or Cryptics revenue model. These are all improtant, but they are just pieces. The crippling issue is going to a free to play model with a poor foundation in the game for growth. The lack of KDF content was very nearly criplling 22 months ago. Looks like its about to happen again. We players could have been testing KDF mission content and progression over the last month and a half. It could be said we did.. if it wasn't a rehash and minor restructure of the same lack of play that the KDF faction has has for over a year. And that is where I stand. Unhappy, dissapointed, not really enjoying myself, and having over all speand very close to a grand for the experience. I play other MMO's and right now unemployed. Those other subscriber MMO I can't play because I don't the money for them. I spent the money on STO. I have an LTM. and this unfinished, not ready for prime time MESS is what I am stuck playing as a computer game. And Cryptic Studio's wants to go free to play. Well, I'll say this much. the price is right. If I could sell or transfer this account I'd do it a heart beat.

Khemaraa Iron Hand

Lt. Commander
# 2
11-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Can I haz yer Dilithium?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-25-2011, 10:34 PM
You just broke the forum rules by posting this. Have fun in ban-land.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-26-2011, 10:45 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Community Rules and Policies ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Well said. I fully agree with the OP

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
I a player on these forum known as Khemaraa Iron Hand declare myself done with TTS testing of Startrek Online material on the Tribble server.

I reserve to myself the priveledge of maintaining characters on the Tribble test server for my enjoyment and recreation, but at this time chose to no longer activly provide feedback to Cryptic Studio's, its emplyees or assigns.

This is to serve notice of this change of contract. As a payed user with a life time account I am excersizing my contractual right at this time.

I am excersizing this right for the following reasons.

1. Cryptic Studio's has failed to developed any significant mission content for the Klingon (KDF) faction prior to this time and during the curreent testing of the Free to play "Build" on the tribble test server in my opinion.

2. The percieved failure to develop significant mission content does in my opinion significantly reduce any chances of me to have recouped my personal investment in time and money provided to Cryptic Studio'ss for the deleopment of the MMO title "Star Trek online" and has signifiacntly harmed this specific title's standing in the MMO marketplace.

3 As a MMO's popularity is directly related to its persistant player population, and the failure by Cryptic Sudio's to develop in a timely manner aformentioned Klingon (KDF) mission content, and said lack of developments long term effect on said popularity and player population, It is my personal opinion that any further providing by myself of gratis assitance and service to Cryptic Studio's is no longer a productive or profitable use of my time.

4. If Cryptic Studio' should choose to shift its policies and development to implement further development of KDF mission specific content I would be pleased to provide my services once again without charge or required recompence other then what Cryptic Studio's should choose to provide. Untill that time I withdraw
my services.

5. I require Cryptic Studio's to abide by all previous contractual obligations to my self as a paid life time account subscriber of services to the product "STar Trek Online", and fully reserve the right as provided under U.S. law, that being the nation state where Cryptic Studio's operates as a business entity, to state my dis-satisfaction with the level of service provided and any percieved lack of quality and content in the product subscribed to known as "Star Trek Online". This right is reserved to any place or time of my chosing, and any venue for the staing of said opinons I should choose to make use of.

6 I reserve the right to state any satisfaction with said product at any time, or place of my choosing in all particulars as noted in the previous statement.

7. Let it be known I am under no oblegation, legal, moral, or otherwise to make excuse to Cryptic Studios for this posting apon the Cryptic Studio's forums provided for the use of Star Trek online subscribers and players, or any other forums provided by any other entities. If Cryptic Studios representitives, employees or assign belive defferently then let them show cause with suit filed with the courts of the State of California where the business entity known as Cryptic Studio's does operate, otherwise be silent.

Personal additon::
I've made post after post, after post. Some of them have been paid attention to. I am pleased with that. But for the most part I feel the Cryptic studio's has dropped the ball. I feel that the Star Trek online MMO has failed to deliver on its implied promises as an MMO. I feel strongly that Cryptic Studio's has faled to deliver value in this product, and that it has chosen to purpously mis lead its customers. I feel that Cryptic Studio's has lied time and time again about fulfilling past promises of Klingon, KDF faction content, and are doing so yet again. I have decades of expert knowledge on games, gaming, conputers, computer gaming, and both the gaming, and the computer gaming industry. I have no argument per se or differnces with any of the Cryptic's Studio's employess I have talked with, exchanged communications with, or had contact with directly in any way shape or form. I am witness to some dedicated, hard working people. And I wish them all the best. I bought my LTM on the implied promise that even though there were issues with STO when it originally release 22 months ago they would be made right. What can I say? What I can say is that it hasn't happened. 6 weeks and counting on testing a Free to play build, and there are major issues still in extent that have not been resolved to we the customers satisfaction. The primary issue is not game mechanics, or the dilithium economy, or the c-store, or Cryptics revenue model. These are all improtant, but they are just pieces. The crippling issue is going to a free to play model with a poor foundation in the game for growth. The lack of KDF content was very nearly criplling 22 months ago. Looks like its about to happen again. We players could have been testing KDF mission content and progression over the last month and a half. It could be said we did.. if it wasn't a rehash and minor restructure of the same lack of play that the KDF faction has has for over a year. And that is where I stand. Unhappy, dissapointed, not really enjoying myself, and having over all speand very close to a grand for the experience. I play other MMO's and right now unemployed. Those other subscriber MMO I can't play because I don't the money for them. I spent the money on STO. I have an LTM. and this unfinished, not ready for prime time MESS is what I am stuck playing as a computer game. And Cryptic Studio's wants to go free to play. Well, I'll say this much. the price is right. If I could sell or transfer this account I'd do it a heart beat.

Khemaraa Iron Hand

I'll add the missing severability clause to put this on the safe side:

9. In the event that any one or more of the provisions contained herein shall, for any reason, be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provisions of this agreement, but this agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provisions had never been contained herein, unless the deletion of such provision or provisions would result in such a material change so as to cause completion of the transactions contemplated herein to be unreasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-28-2011, 04:48 AM
*snaps fingers* I knew I forgot something! One should always have a "Get out of dodge" clause..

And yes by the way oh one person.. There is what is known as an implied contract in that Cryptic agrees to provide access to the test server, and we the users agree to provide feedback on the content. You need to learn your Business law.

And to the other person, I didn't break any forum rules with the original posting in this thread. It is not an "I quit" thread. I even state that I specificly will not quit. There are no personal or other wise attacks directed against Cryptic employees, or other users on this forum or in STO. There is no obsenity. There is even some praise. But on the other it IS written to draw attention to its self. Good feed back get the attention of whome ever reviews it. Sometimes you haaaaave to be a little more creative.

If there is any thing I have stated in this and other posts is that the Free to Play build will NOT be ready for prime time come January 17th, 2012. That the relaunch of STO as F2P without the KDF content and experience developed first is an absolutly.. to me anyway.. unacceptable state of affairs. That it is in my opinion about the worst possible thing that Cryptic studio's could do to thier own product. That it is repeat of what happened 22 months ago when STP first launched with one major difference. 22 months ago Cryptic didn't have a choice. They HAD to launch the game in an incomplete state, which it was, or loose the rights to create a MMO based on Startrek. They were up against a Deadline. And Cryptics owners at the time, Atari.. well... Let ust say that Atari today is just a name. The folks at one time that were with Atari and knew games and gaming are long gone. Its mostly a holding company now. The new owners on the other hand DO know games and gaming, and MMO's.. even if none of thier titles are considered first water games in the US. The folks at PWI certainly understand full well that the KDF faction needs development. If they did not, they would have never SPECIFICLY mentioned it in a press release. But the relaunch of STO as a F2P title with the KDF faction still in such an undeveloped state is totally Cryptic Studio's call, not PWI. Its a bad idea, and its a bad market stratagy. It weakens the product and yet again puts the STO Dev team in the position of not having any wiggle room on content release. I personally think its a crippling move that STO cannot easily recover from. Its going to cut out possible revenue from what could easily be a much as 50% of the F2P silver level accounts.

My post is all about ME saying that I do not approve this, and I do not condone this. I'm the customer they allready have, not the one they hope to get. I know gamers, and I know the market. This is a FUBAR waiting to happen, and if Cryptic Studio's does NOT hold the F2P release back to take the time to at least get a basic core of KDF content in place nearly equal to what the Federation players had in place at the original launch its going to bite them right on the portfolio. It's going to cost them earnings. Because F2P customers are not going to stick around and wait for content. Its a totally differnt mind set in the free to play customer base. Whats more its a real vocal customer base. Without the KDF content its half a game. Half a game is generally regarded as "Craptastic". Unlike most of us allready here who are Trek fans first and gamers second, these folks are going to be gamers first and trek fans second, and they are going to adjudge STO as a game first. The lack of KDF mission progression content. The having to play a fed character to "X" level to unlock KDF play. The jump starting of KDF characters at essentially Commander rank is going to be for the most part not well recieved at all. Furthermore my greatest fear is that Cryptic is going to need to devote so much of thier limited resourses into pumping out FE content that the additional KDF content to fill in the holes reportedly planned for 3rd quarter 2012 will simply never happen. Honestly, if there is one thing to be said about Cryptic is Optimisim they got, but managing to get content out when they say they are going to... not so much (and I am being real polite about it there) F2P on 1/17/12 is a bad idea.

Febuary or March would be better and with the KDF content. It will also give them time to get the game econ fine tuned and locked down. More stuff for C-Store micro transactions in place. More balance checking on the STF and mission revamps, and mission structure revamps.. and the Skill tree revamp. Not to mention a better in game help and hint system. There are been many changes to the core game with the F2P build and most of them are pretty good changes. But they need more polish, and the KDF content needs to be there. The KDF content doesn't need to be perfect. But the KDF Tutorial needs to be done, and progression filler from character generation to level cap in place. Maybe that way by third quarter 2012 instead of trying to crank out FE's, better PvP content, and creating all of that KDF content while under fire from F2P players, they could focus on the FE's and the PvP with just polishing the KDF content. A little more work now while they have the breathing room, instead of later when they wont strikes me as very wise.

Khemaraa Iron Hand
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-28-2011, 05:19 AM
I agree with the OP. I have tested enough fed content for F2P and await the timely arrival of KDF content for testing before its being rolled into F2P.

Though I do not believe such material and content will arrive until well after F2P is released.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-28-2011, 03:56 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-28-2011, 04:30 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~Q