Lt. Commander
# 11
11-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Cryptic needs to add 480 Dilithium to the "Explore 3 Systems" missions. These used to reward Badges of Exploration and Emblems, and now don't reward anything even though those currencies were converted to Dilithium. What gives? Its especially hard to get enough dilithium to buy anything while leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
...or you just do the 'Explore Strange New Worlds' at the same time you do exploration missions. sure you only get to explore once every 24 hours that way, but you get dilithium

and besides, if they added dilithium to exploration missions, people would just spam them and get too much dilithium and really unbalance the current economy. limiting it like they have keeps things normal
If you mean by Normal, that people become disgruntled and disgusted with the obvious push to the C-Store, being applied to EVERY mechanic of the game... and stop playing...,

Then yeah.. it's Normal.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-27-2011, 09:44 AM
The explores always absolutely sucked before. The only reason to do them was to get the badges to get gear. But now you can't even do that? Running them once every 24 hours is ridiculous. How are people going to get anything besides white gear at all?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The explores always absolutely sucked before. The only reason to do them was to get the badges to get gear. But now you can't even do that? Running them once every 24 hours is ridiculous. How are people going to get anything besides white gear at all?
I heard they were adding DL to into missions so players can still buy from the stores. But for the foremost outside of the Explore Strange new Worlds mission, the only reason to do Exploration zones is for the accolades.

Hopefully they are working on an updating the Exploration and DSE missions to make them fun.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
If you mean by Normal, that people become disgruntled and disgusted with the obvious push to the C-Store, being applied to EVERY mechanic of the game... and stop playing...,

Then yeah.. it's Normal.
what i was talking about when i said normal, was the economy itself, not how people reacted to it

with what i said, the economy stays normal. people's reactions vary widely, as they should
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Do you really WANT people playing the exploration missions THAT much in their present state?

They're the one area aside from POSSIBLY Kerrat where, last we heard, the stated intent was to rip them out of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Sure you're not confusing that with DSEs? (Regular, not Borg). Because Exploration Clusters are much better than those boring things.

But still, STO's exploration needs to be actual exploration and not some random mission generator.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Do you really WANT people playing the exploration missions THAT much in their present state?.
The solution is to keep ignoring exploration until a revamp maybe in 2014? I can think of many things I'd rather not subject new players to in their present state.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
The solution is to keep ignoring exploration until a revamp maybe in 2014? I can think of many things I'd rather not subject new players to in their present state.
2014? I imagine it will be revamped by August 2012 and is the next big "systems" project after F2P launches.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
...or you just do the 'Explore Strange New Worlds' at the same time you do exploration missions. sure you only get to explore once every 24 hours that way, but you get dilithilum

and besides, if they added dilithilum to exploration missions, people would just spam them and get too much dilithilum and really unbalance the current economy. limiting it like they have keeps things normal
So they should unbalance it in the opposite direction, making the game all about getting Dilithium instead of doing missions and exploration? That's how an MMO dies.

I basically see this as the beginning of the end for STO; I pity anyone who bought a lifetime membership. The Badges/Merits/Marks system was very well balanced; the Dilithium System is crap. It's made the game into a Dilithium Grind; all aspects of story-based gameplay have been made trivial.