Lt. Commander
# 31
08-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamisicus6 View Post
Ah you overheat the Phaser causing what looks like heat haze above it and it increases the power of the beam... Clever!
I have a feeling its awesome factor is much greater than that explanation.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Looks nice. But if combat is going to feel like TREK, there neads to be a lot of missing. In trek if you are shot at you eather get missed 50%, get hit and you are stunned , dead ,or dying. NOT reduced in health by X% and continue to fight til we reach 0 health like standerd MMO War Crack.
There needs to be a lot of beams blasting the walls and cover, that we should be able to hide behind. NOT an old west shot out at the OK coral.
MISSING IS CANNON. Hitting the target with every shot is just expedient.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Thats a great screenshot, thank you Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Looks nice. But if combat is going to feel like TREK, there neads to be a lot of missing. In trek if you are shot at you eather get missed 50%, get hit and you are stunned , dead ,or dying. NOT reduced in health by X% and continue to fight til we reach 0 health like standerd MMO War Crack.(
I agree. Still, you have to remember a lot of that 'missing' is just Hollywood though. Example: Riker and Picard discuss their next move after taking cover, all the while hundreds of phaser shots fly by. You'd think the enemies would stop firing when their targets can't be seen. Or at least I would reserve my phaser's cell by saving my shots for when I have line of sight, lol.

As you mentioned, I hope they don't implement something as old and tired as "hit points", where phaser shots do X number of damage for each hit. Certainly a phaser rifle set to kill would take down an unshielded/unarmored man in one direct hit, or possibly two hits if limbs were stuck instead of the torso area.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't think we will see hit points. What I expect is the ability to use a kill setting if you just want to drop someone once you pierce through their shields, and a Stun setting if you want something off the person without the chance of damaging it.

Also, great screenshot!
Lt. Commander
# 36 mmm
08-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Maybe the Distortion on the Beam, is showing that the Borg can generate Feedback overloads back up the phaser now as well as shield against them.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
cannot wait for this game to come out

do it right guys and you will have a WoW kiiller here...
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Company0 View Post
I don't think we will see hit points. What I expect is the ability to use a kill setting if you just want to drop someone once you pierce through their shields, and a Stun setting if you want something off the person without the chance of damaging it.

Also, great screenshot!
ya it will probably be shield power once thats out adios
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-07-2009, 11:25 PM
that screenshot looks nice cant wait for this game to come out dont recognice the species of the guy right in front of the shoot with the wierd phaser beam. But other than that I like it hope there is more phaser shots and action in this game on ground combat as well as space combat. I cant wait for it ever since I heard of this I been waiting to its release date.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Woohoo Nice shot!!! I can't wait to get in on some ground combat!!!
Closed Thread