Lt. Commander
# 1 Subsystem Repair...
11-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I think I understand what this does, but...,

... where does one find the stat for this to see how it is effected when I add Skill Points to it?

And why the devil, doesn't the explanation in-game, tell me where to look?

Also, why don't my Ship Shield numbers increase, when I put Skill Points in the Ship Shields System box??
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-26-2011, 11:58 PM
I think shield system increases power to the shields and increases the regeneration rate.

As for subsystem repair, there is no easy way to gauge changes. You have to go into zone where there is lots of Phaser fire or encounter a D'deridex with Viral Matrix.

But most agree that subsystem repair is a worthless skill to invest in, even if it's reduced in cost with the new skill system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I think I understand what this does, but...,

... where does one find the stat for this to see how it is effected when I add Skill Points to it?

And why the devil, doesn't the explanation in-game, tell me where to look?

Also, why don't my Ship Shield numbers increase, when I put Skill Points in the Ship Shields System box??
COuldn't say. Many stats do not seem to show-up on the Charatcer/Ship UI's from points spent in skills.

Even though I fully buffed the Accuracy and Crit skills, my stats remain the same.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I think shield system increases power to the shields and increases the regeneration rate.

As for subsystem repair, there is no easy way to gauge changes. You have to go into zone where there is lots of Phaser fire or encounter a D'deridex with Viral Matrix.

But most agree that subsystem repair is a worthless skill to invest in, even if it's reduced in cost with the new skill system.
So essentially, They've put skills in the Skill Tree just so we have something to click on???

I'm beginning to think that it isn't worth my time to continue to try and figure it out.

I thought the idea with the Skill Tree Revamp was to make it more accessable...?...

.. guess not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
So essentially, They've put skills in the Skill Tree just so we have something to click on???

I'm beginning to think that it isn't worth my time to continue to try and figure it out.

I thought the idea with the Skill Tree Revamp was to make it more accessable...?...

.. guess not.

Well when Geko was redoing the skill tree, maybe he forgot people been mentioning it on the forum for sometime?

But as it is right now, there really is no real difference between fully skilled and 0 skilled in SR to invest in.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well when Geko was redoing the skill tree, maybe he forgot people been mentioning it on the forum for sometime?

But as it is right now, there really is no real difference between fully skilled and 0 skilled in SR to invest in.
Thank you, guess I'll be using one of my Tribble respect tokens afterall.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-28-2011, 05:40 AM
StarShip SHield Emmiters: Is for repair and healing
Have no idea how it effects said abilities like extend shields or Science Team

StarShip Shield Systems: Increases your Shield Hitpoints based on the level of the skill
Have no idea how many points are added per skill level to shield total hitpoints.

StarShip Shield Performance: adds a flat bonus to your shield Power levels.
Have no idea how many bonus shield power points are given per skill level

StarShip Electro-plasma systems: Effects the rate of transfer of power onboard one's ship, including the transfer rate of Emergency power to xxxxx abilities. In theory it should make EPTS more effective.
Have no idea how much power-transfer rates are improved by this skill per level.