Lt. Commander
# 101
11-29-2011, 12:04 AM
No new KDF things beside C-Store ships and the empty Academy.
Epic Crpytic epic
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
So not going with S4.1, eh? Right to S5? Okaaay....

It's interesting to "hear" the PR-spin on the "Tribble F2P Build".

A Call to Arms? Really? That's what you're going with?

Meh... I'm whelmed.
I suppose making it Season 5 instead of Season 4.1 is warranted given the amount of changes ahead. It's essentially a complete relaunch of the game. Definitely more than a mere "+0.1" change. I wouldn't get too hung up on the names or numbers.

That would of course also mean that everything beyond (fleet/social revamp, Fleet Starbases, etc) also get pushed back a Season NUMBER, but I'm pretty sure that's more of a cosmetic title change of the major patch updates than an indicator as to how many months things are away.
Sorry Direphoenix. I guess I wasn't being clear with my "First!" post...

Basically what gets me is that back when the Content Drought first started to weight on people (about April 2010) we were told we were getting a new FE soon. They were working on so many FEs we'd barely have time between them. One might even make it in before S4. Then it was to be released with S4. Then it was during S4. The last being a particular joke because when S4 Crossfire was released and while there was a new ground system, there was nothing new to do with it. When we complained we were chastised by Cryptic Staff that we needed to be patient. That a Season didn't just mean the initial release... That content was coming during Season 4 which lasted all the way until S5. We got teasted that there would be a S4.1 update with content. We got all kinds of reports of things coming out in Sep, then Oct. Then Nov....

Yeah, I know, I know... Crypic couldn't afford cups, so how on God's Green Earth could they be expected to provide content?!? ...I mean c'mon! No cups! >gasp!<

Anyway, the post you quoted was sarcasm on the fact that they aren't gonna bother with Making Right. They're Charging ever Forward. Damn the Torpedos, fire up the Spin-o-Tron and all Speed Ahead. Despite no frank answers about What Happened, or even properly addressing Existing Customer Concerns with the Build that is on Tribble.

Which hey. I get, the why. They want to close the books on S4, on 2011, and try a new chapter and hope we'll buy it. Literally. And if not us, then the droves of F2Pers that they expect to muscle up for taste...

But I'm not... I see the truth. I've been playing STO long enough to know... When it comes to Cryptic's Star Trek Online... There really is no Cake. No matter what a Dev tells you....

Oh, there's Spin, but you don't want Spin. You want Cake. And there's No Cake in Star Trek Online.

Lt. Commander
# 103
11-29-2011, 12:07 AM
I must be trapped in a Tyken's Rift, because I am having a deja vu as to how Cryptic will respond to these criticisms. I shall paraphrase: "We know this year has been poor. However, more content is coming. Soon."

Someone should tell them to decompress the shuttlebay, because their tractor beam strategy is obviously not working.
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-29-2011, 12:11 AM
For a permanent EP to replace the hollow puppet that is D'Angelo I'd like to nominate Bagdad Bob.
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-29-2011, 12:22 AM
What's wrong with faster leveling?

Well... as it stands, I can level to VA in a month of casual play on Holodeck.

On Tribble, I was just beginning Captain level missions in Beta Ursae when I hit VA. I have a Vice Admiral with Commander level gear for cryin' out loud!

This sounds wholly unsatisfactory to me. If this goes to Holodeck as it happened on Tribble, STO is going to unfulfilling and nothing thrilling.
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-29-2011, 01:24 AM
I am already looking forward to Season 6: The Ground Skill Revamp - coming in summer 2012.

Until then, however, I'll play with my duffs and grab sum diliffium on the way, it's never bad to hoard the good stuff for the hard times to come.
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
This doesn't bother me. That is, so long as Season 6 is the previously mentioned Fleet and PVP season.
They can call the seasons whatever they want, tell us what we should expect in that season, but, really, it means nothing to us.

Season 4 was referred to as the "Season of the Klingons" or something along those lines... Yeah, uhh, that didn't happen (honestly, all the KDF are getting is 20 levels cut out "so that the whole experience for Klingon play is improved." ).

So telling us that Season 5 (now Season 6) is going to be focusing on Fleets/PVP truly means nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
I am already looking forward to Season 6: The Ground Skill Revamp - coming in summer 2012.

Until then, however, I'll play with my duffs and grab sum diliffium on the way, it's never bad to hoard the good stuff for the hard times to come.
So no Ground skill revamp yet. It will be really hard to spec into ground given the current space skills. They should at least reduce the skill point requirement for ground skills cause, in many ways, space ship knowledge is more bigger and extensive.
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Might I suggest you order those Dev Blog entries newest first. It'd be a lot easier to see when there was a new one that way.

Other than that, great work!
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
[list]
  1. Cease all C-Store purchases if F2P goes live with your grievances.
  2. Do not participate in the Dilithium / C-Point Exchange unless it's with your free stipend.
  3. Do not let the Dilithium Economy make you play longer than you usually do (no grinding).
  4. Lastly, respectfully let Cryptic & Perfect World know why you choose to "Pay Less and Play Less" under their F2P business model.
That's what I'll be doing and encourage others to do the same. If this is the only way to get Cryptic to listen and hurt them as much (actually more since it's real not virtual) then do it. Go silver and milk them dry because let's face it you don't have to buy "anything" off the c store and the only sticking issue with that is pvp but some of us don't bother with pvp and these items aren't "pay to win".

That talk about having a boycott....perhaps the community should act on that and do what we can to spread the word to f2pers too I'll be passing this on to my f2p friends. With any luck, Cryptic and PW may just realise the community is going to hit them hard back if they go ahead with this folly.