Lt. Commander
# 161
11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
One of the reasons we are making a big deal is this: Why moan like hell that a player could apparantly level from start to finish inside of a weekend with a pack of redbull, then add in the stupid dilithium system as an excuse to slow the levelling down, to only then speed levelling back up??

You call us out on judgements
that's exactly my point; you're arguing and upset and possibly t****ing over a VIDEO GAME

and you call me out on calling others out for this behavior
Lt. Commander
# 162
11-29-2011, 10:38 AM
If I was a free player watchin what's goin on in this forum I mean zero from the devs and not showing any signs of fixing the problems we have I would leave well alone but I'm not a free player and still think I CAN enjoy again if only we had fix's 2 the problems we have.

To be fair cryptic we don't get a lot back for u.
Lt. Commander
# 163
11-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
Very good suggestion. Maybe they will listen if we boycott them.

This sounds about right.

This is another one that sounds right.

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

My money is going else where. Probably TOR even though I am not a Star Wars fan, It better then the BS and the middle finger that Cryptic has been giving us.
I've played the SWTOR beta its pretty good actually, but im in still two minds either that or stick playing champions online that dev team is pretty sh*t hot in releasing stuff.

Cryptic need to really pull a tribble out the preverbal hat for the STO aspect!
Lt. Commander
# 164
11-29-2011, 10:48 AM
So you're taking everything you promised us for Season 4 (and some of season 3) and making it Season 5. Did someone up top really think this would be received well? Giving this a fancy name isn't going to make it better.
Lt. Commander
# 165
11-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
i seriously think some of you are overreacting to a degree, and/or letting hurt feelings get in the way of your better judgment

so they changed the plans, what's the big deal? it's not the end of the world. Cryptic always PLANS them a certain way, meaning it may not go that way in reality. not everything they said was a promise; some of you just took it that way
Quote:
that's exactly my point; you're arguing and upset and possibly t****ing over a VIDEO GAME

and you call me out on calling others out for this behavior
At what point do you take off the blinders...?...

How many times do you feel folks have to be 'bent over' before they start saying No More...?...

How much of your money will you let them fritter away before you say No More...?...

Why does it bother you so when others feel the need to express their dissatisfaction at what this game is becoming in their opinion...?...

Granted it is just a video game, but how much more are you willing to put up with before you object also?
Lt. Commander
I honestly give a crap what the PR or Marketing department does. I'll trust them to know how best to spin their product to get people into the game...Whatever.

What I am a bit concerned about is what Cryptic's vision is for this game. Leveling on Tribble is REALLY fast. I am completely perplexed as to how they think the fast leveling is going to keep people playing. Is the plan really that we have nothing but VAs playing the game week after week for the Featured Episodes and grinding the STFs and for Dillithium?

They aren't going to stick around for the grind, there is little that can be called 'End Game' content (though I guess there will be a crap load of end game content now that it takes a day to level to VA) and there is no PVP...Yeah, I'm calling it a complete lack of PVP.

If they plan on releasing FE after FE to keep people around, I guess that's something but based on the past FE release schedule; I'm skepitcal that it will be enough to keep anyone around.

Leveling this easy leaves little incentive to keep playing over the long haul and isn't that the exact opposite of what they need to see happen?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe fast leveling is the answer to creating a successful and rewarding MMO gaming experience but I'm not seeing how that can be. Nobody wants it to be too hard but geez...getting to VA should be rewarding and not an afternoon activity.

I don't get it...Maybe that's why I don't run an MMO or...
Lt. Commander
# 167
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure if I should even touch this one, I would be risking an infraction if I'm as blatant as I want to be.

On the other hand, I could do one of my impassioned letters to the Devs, but I'm just not sure it's worth the effort anymore, as nothing we say to the Devs will have any affect on the PWE Bean-Counters who have the real control (as should be plainly obvious now).
Lt. Commander
# 168
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
i seriously think some of you are overreacting to a degree, and/or letting hurt feelings get in the way of your better judgement

so they changed the plans, what's the big deal? it's not the end of the world. Cryptic always PLANS them a certain way, meaning it may not go that way in reality. not everything they said was a promise; some of you just took it that way
Simply put... i quite agree! The devs can't win apparently! They do "nothing" and people complain, then they attempt to go back to zero and rebuild the game from the ground up and people still complain! Here's a thought: maybe, just maybe the problem isn't Cryptic, maybe its us! I was a Beta tester who didn't subscribe because of the limtations (i thought) the game had at the time, but being a Trekker i kept tabs on it. Until i heard about F2P (yay!) and with the updates that's forthcoming the game is gonna be a lot better, imho!

The content will come after the reset, just be cool about that. Be cool...

i dont normally like to post, but i felt that i had to say something after looking over 16 pages of negative comments.
Lt. Commander
When I started my Tribble character I assumed the absurdly fast leveling was just a function of helping testers get through the progression faster to check out the various areas. Playing a lot of DOFF missions I was able to jump ranks absurdly fast, and made Vice Admiral well before hitting the Roumulan missions.

That is ABSURD.

What is the point of going through they system and getting new ships if you only get a few hours of gameplay in each vessel until you reach Admiral? My Tribble experience was that the gameplay completely outstripped my ability to equip my character and ship, and by the time I was Captain I still had a silly amount of Mk II gear.

On one hand I hear the intent of f2p is to SLOW DOWN game progression, and make people invest more in equipping their character, and yet now they claim they want to SPEED UP character progression too?

I'm confused.

Moreover, I did not have a particularly enjoyable progression on my Tribble character. In the time it would have taken to get good equipment at any of the early rank levels I ended up with so many skill points I vastly outdistanced my equipment. I don't see the sense of that.
Lt. Commander
# 170
11-29-2011, 11:09 AM
You know, I really don't care that they are calling the F2P stuff Season 5. To me it is an admission that they failed comprehensively with Season 4 (which gave us nothing other than lol ground and broken promises).

So we get Season 5 with stuff we were told over and over again we'd have with Season 4 and the dilithium thing that no-one wants. The only good things I can see from the build on Tribble are the DOff system and possibly, the STF changes, the rest of it you can keep, not interested.

My suggestions for the Season 5 title? How about Season 5, The Final Frontier (after this failure, there will be no-where left to go), or Season 5 The Refit - you guys do so love to take something old, add some polish and a new feature and sell it as a REFIT.

It is apparent to me that Cryptic want to get ride of all the existing players before F2P, so we don't put off the ten (my guestimate) new players that arrive in January by telling them how it really is here. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they went as far as wiping the forum before F2P launch, just to ensure they push all this stuff "under the rug" and out of sight.

If by some chance Cryptic really want to keep their players, here are my suggestions:

1, Hire someone who is good at PR, because you obviously don't have anyone that is.

2, Stop lying to your players "Most existing players will not notice any change with the conversion to F2P", remember that one?

3, Stop ALL development work on the game for one week (I know there is a lot that needs to be done but we've waited a year for new content, another week isn't going to make any difference). Make ALL your staff spend that week playing the game on the current Tribble build, start with a new character and level to level cap, without any dev powers or other cheats. Now you all know how boring it is to grind for everything on Tribble, brain storm on ways to make it interesting.

4, Fix the important bugs before adding new toys to the game (2x shields anyone?).

5, Now you've fixed what is broken and have some ideas to replace the grind with something interesting, give us some achievable dates when you can give us these things (hint: if you think it will take 3 months, tell us 6!). Note include in here adding a second faction to the game in addition to the Feds, because what you call the KDF is not sufficient to be referred to as a separate faction currently.

6, Reap the rewards when we all buy new things in the C-Store to use while playing this new fun content you gave us in point 5 above.

Like many of your players, I spent last weekend beta testing SWTOR. I can say this, it is currently miles ahead of where I see STO being one year from now, even if they don't work on SWTOR in that time. I'd give them 300 for an LTS tomorrow if they'd take it, I'd not give you 3 tomorrow for one (yes I know I already have an STO LTS, I'm happy I bought that, I enjoyed the game to begin with but would not be here now if I was having to pay monthly).

Play to your strengths Cryptic, STO's space combat could be really good, you just need to fix the bugs, balance it and tone down the magic spells you seem to like adding so frequently. It is one area where you are ahead of your biggest competitor (SWTOR) and could easily stay ahead for some time.

OK, Rant over. (phew!)