# 241
11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
this sounds awesome !!!
Lt. Commander
# 242
11-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade View Post
Stephen recaps all of the updates coming to Holodeck, and announces a name for Season 5 in this entry on The Path to F2P.

Link to the Article
Thank you Mr. D'Angelo for my new signature!
"Star Trek Online doesn't have enough gameplay, nor enough content to lock down so players grind or pay to unlock it, so the next best thing is the arms race.... no wonder they chose Call to Arms."
Lt. Commander
The challenge was to create a brand new character on Tribble and try to make it to level 51 before it is migrated to Holodeck. I SCREWED UP! I now have a Fed at level 43 and a Klingon at level 46. I fear the deadline will come just before I crack that darned level 51!!! (I should have just focused on ONE faction - boooo!!!!)

Okay - I have LIVED on Tribble for the last couple (few?) months. I have been watching every new little feature be introduced. STUNNING job you guys! Even the information icons over the NPC heads is EPIC WIN. I especially like the green "Q" quest tags over NPC heads.

I am loving everything you've done EXCEPT that funk animated icon that hovers over most (not all) interact objects like consoles. That is the ONE thing that just spoils it for me. Yes: I know the idea is to make it easier to find objects you must interact with (like consoles, and other dialog-interacts) - but really: those annoying icons have helped me maybe TWICE as I leveld-up from new recruit all the way to 46. To me they are more of a distraction than a help.

But that's just my own feedback, certainly other people may feel differently.

THREE THUMBS-UP to Cryptic and real OMGWTF Awesomeness of this update.

Now a personal request: DELAY RELEASE TO HOLODECK until I can at least turn my Klingon into a level 51 so I can be eligible for some kick-@$$ duty officers!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 244
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Don't kill yourself over this. All you get is a title.

That said, leveling a couple toons from the mid-40's to 51 should not be a huge deal for you at all with the DOff system (pretty much free passive leveling), Featured Episodes, and some judicious use of 20% skill boosters with your Tribble C-Store points.
Lt. Commander
# 245
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytzyc
The challenge was to create a brand new character on Tribble and try to make it to level 51 before it is migrated to Holodeck. I SCREWED UP! I now have a Fed at level 43 and a Klingon at level 46. I fear the deadline will come just before I crack that darned level 51!!! (I should have just focused on ONE faction - boooo!!!!)

Okay - I have LIVED on Tribble for the last couple (few?) months. I have been watching every new little feature be introduced. STUNNING job you guys! Even the information icons over the NPC heads is EPIC WIN. I especially like the green "Q" quest tags over NPC heads.

I am loving everything you've done EXCEPT that funk animated icon that hovers over most (not all) interact objects like consoles. That is the ONE thing that just spoils it for me. Yes: I know the idea is to make it easier to find objects you must interact with (like consoles, and other dialog-interacts) - but really: those annoying icons have helped me maybe TWICE as I leveld-up from new recruit all the way to 46. To me they are more of a distraction than a help.

But that's just my own feedback, certainly other people may feel differently.

THREE THUMBS-UP to Cryptic and real OMGWTF Awesomeness of this update.

Now a personal request: DELAY RELEASE TO HOLODECK until I can at least turn my Klingon into a level 51 so I can be eligible for some kick-@$$ duty officers!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!

Ranking to level 3 in a mission category of the DOFF system gets you those kick*** duty officers. Making level 31 or 41 (probably 41, can't remember but there is a reward list in the forums), gets you some dilithium, maxing level only nets you a unique tribble and title.
Lt. Commander
# 246
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
still waiting for Enterprise-F to be in play next year
Lt. Commander
# 247
11-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the tips. it's funny - in february I'll hit my two-year anniversary (so, uh, yeah: I *remember* how this thing started out, which is why I'm enthusiastic with what Cryptic has done so far).

It's funny that I still haven't hit up any STFs and whatnot. I'm more a role-player and truth is: the "social" aspects of STO are abysmal (for say role playing purposes) - but I digress. I'm still trying to figure out the DOFF system and how to take best advantage of it. The best I've done so far was to earn a 20-count of a wicked "Space Phaser Cannon" I can drop in space combat. But the 10-minute cool down KILLS me LOL

Thank you again.
Oh, and to the one who said "it's just titles" - so what? Even "just a title" can be a nice reward. I'd wear the "career" Starfleet badge if it weren't so... UGLY. It looks like a bunch of badges stacked on top of each other: sloppy.

-shrugs-
Lt. Commander
# 248
11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducesettutamen
Fox news has hot chicks as anchors. Cryptic could learn a thing from that kind of business model.
Yea and cryptic got a talking targ feeding utter B**Crap to us customers who are peeeeeeeved!

I wish i could stop subbing but im a LTS but i will say one thing i aint using one point of stipend or exchanging sod all for dilithium until they pull a finger out each others *ahem* and start listening.

to all those infuriated who actually pay... unsub and then lets see them react very quickly to the absense of cash flow... cuz the new so say influx of player will read in here and think "joke" and walk away.
Lt. Commander
# 249
11-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytzyc
I'd wear the "career" Starfleet badge if it weren't so... UGLY. It looks like a bunch of badges stacked on top of each other: sloppy.
You're not wearing it right. Try with a white Veteran Jacket with gold trim. Looks very senior/official with one of the Jupiter belts.
Lt. Commander
# 250
11-30-2011, 05:01 PM
How many more times is Cryptic going to screw up, havent they learned a single thing after all this time.
I wasnt leaving, but havent loggewd in for over a month, but i am starting to see even FTP is going to go to the dogs. They act like FTP is going to bring in a horde, its not, only a few that love Trek but didnt want to play, not many ono Trek fans will be here.

Even the this FTP system looks horrible, even i am considering trying SWTOR just so i can run around and actually have fun and things todo.

Now this Conversion Rate......WAIT, i played an saved and grinded to get my stuff ready for FTP now you are going to take half of it away, do that and ill give you the the middle finger, its disgusting and downright kick in the nuts.

Patience is wearing thin, PW please replace most of these lame Devs.