Lt. Commander
# 251
11-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
What your describing would be a pyramid scheme - with the inevitable consequence that it will fail. And due to STOs fast pace it would fail quite soon. Not even Cryptic can be that "foolish" to go such a way.
Given the cruddy decisions they've made vis-a-vis the in game economy, are you sure they aren't?

One side of me says "no", while the other says "yes."
Lt. Commander
# 252
11-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
How many more times is Cryptic going to screw up, havent they learned a single thing after all this time.
I wasnt leaving, but havent loggewd in for over a month, but i am starting to see even FTP is going to go to the dogs. They act like FTP is going to bring in a horde, its not, only a few that love Trek but didnt want to play, not many ono Trek fans will be here.

Even the this FTP system looks horrible, even i am considering trying SWTOR just so i can run around and actually have fun and things todo.

Now this Conversion Rate......WAIT, i played an saved and grinded to get my stuff ready for FTP now you are going to take half of it away, do that and ill give you the the middle finger, its disgusting and downright kick in the nuts.

Patience is wearing thin, PW please replace most of these lame Devs.
It's not the devs that are doing this. It's the devs' bosses who have no clue about how to do F2P right, how their game really works, and never bothered to get the F2P team from Champs to help them treat their paying customers with the respect we deserve.

The Devs themselves have to do what they are told on how to implement this monstrosity... or get fired.
Lt. Commander
# 253
11-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Will the Bridge crew cloninng bug be fixed b4 F2P goes live? While this dosnt affect gameplay directly, I think it causes a loss of the emersion factor.
Lt. Commander
# 254
11-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
How many more times is Cryptic going to screw up, havent they learned a single thing after all this time.
I wasnt leaving, but havent loggewd in for over a month, but i am starting to see even FTP is going to go to the dogs. They act like FTP is going to bring in a horde, its not, only a few that love Trek but didnt want to play, not many ono Trek fans will be here.

Even the this FTP system looks horrible, even i am considering trying SWTOR just so i can run around and actually have fun and things todo.

Now this Conversion Rate......WAIT, i played an saved and grinded to get my stuff ready for FTP now you are going to take half of it away, do that and ill give you the the middle finger, its disgusting and downright kick in the nuts.

Patience is wearing thin, PW please replace most of these lame Devs.
It is not the Devs that are doing this it is the project manager and the people who are going with the idea of an incomplete game is OK for launch or relaunch of the game. The game has been incomplete since it launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
It's not the devs that are doing this. It's the devs' bosses who have no clue about how to do F2P right, how their game really works, and never bothered to get the F2P team from Champs to help them treat their paying customers with the respect we deserve.

The Devs themselves have to do what they are told on how to implement this monstrosity... or get fired.
I completely agree with you. When refer to Cryptic I mean the The project managers and the people above that person. If I was the project manager I would never allowed the game to be in this situation if the first place. My first goals would have been make Klingons a complete faction and really redo the Federation tutorial. There is no excuse for an MMO to not have 2 complete factions. The only reason there is excuses is because of the lack of priorities, leadership, and common sense.
Lt. Commander
# 255
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
I love this! I can play The Old Republic and level up my other captains without ever leaving ESD or doing missions! This game rocks!
Lt. Commander
# 256
12-01-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimClyde
Will the Bridge crew cloninng bug be fixed b4 F2P goes live? While this dosnt affect gameplay directly, I think it causes a loss of the emersion factor.
I doubt it and since they removed mission replay from the bridge, which was the only real reason to visit there, other than for RP reasons , I suspect they will consider it a non issue.
Lt. Commander
# 257 What!?
12-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
I doubt it and since they removed mission replay from the bridge, which was the only real reason to visit there, other than for RP reasons , I suspect they will consider it a non issue.
When the hell did that happen and why !?!?!?
Lt. Commander
# 258
12-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
When the hell did that happen and why !?!?!?
You will not longer need to visit the bridge to get the mission replays, they'll be in your mission log.
Check the release notes more often...
Lt. Commander
# 259
12-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post

The sad thing is that Cryptic knows how to go from subscription to free to play. Just look at Champions Online.
The in game bug reports and GM tickets in that game is awesome as well as they have many events where the devs play with us and great holiday events.

All that knowledge seems to be locked in to a room and only privy to a elect few of the Cryptic staff. If you ain't got a cape you ain't gonna know these things. That must be the rule they work after.
Lt. Commander
# 260
12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
Zero said she was working on the duplicate BO issue.

The mission replay was bugged, because you could be on someone else's ship and be able to access your own misison log from *their* ready room, which to me, broke immersion as much as cloned BOs did.