Lt. Commander
# 261
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydTwoscoops
This is the reason why I cancelled my subscription...

Gameplay has gone awful, it seems so dull atm. No offense but i'm switching to SWTOR cause it actually grabs your attention and has amazing storyline but STO feels rushed when you play it
if you canceled your sub, why are you still in the forums?
Lt. Commander
# 262
12-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
I wouldn't care if no content ever came, it's the lies, the BS, the back-stabbing, the lack of fan and player support... that stuff is awful and needs to stop... and obviously, Dan left either by being fired for havingtoo much integrity or because he saw what was going to happen and had too much integrity to stay and watch.
I love it when you speculate on why he left without even talking to the guy and getting the opposite answer to yours from him personally.
Lt. Commander
# 263
12-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
1) This game did not start out as F2P, so stop treating it as if it was always beta
Only because Atari forced it not to be (which, if you talk to certain people at Cryptic, was part of the strategic mess that landed us here in the first place).
Lt. Commander
# 264
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
If they were to change the levelling speed they should have shortened Tier 1 and lengthen Tier 2, Made Tier 3 longer then 2 and Tier 3 longer then 3 and Tier 5 super long. Making possible Tier 6 and higher Tiers monstrously long.
This is more or less how it works now. Flying in the T1 ship was taking way too long to move up to T2 and T3 before F2P. T3 was about equal to T4, but T4 was more or less pretty useless as a ship class imo, I was always trying to just get enough SP to get the T5 ship before going back to mopping up cardassian missions. T5 is endgame ships, so in a sense it's eternal, at least until T5 + 1 ships come out on the C-Store. Finally, silver players need to grind dil for T4+ ships (or use the c-points -dil exchange); gold players get 1 T4 and 1 T5 ship for free (and don't get me started on the VA token because you're only "being deprived" of the 3 vanity VA ships on fed side and 2 on the KDF side - I could care less about those).
Lt. Commander
# 265
12-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Dude...

M-m-m-m-MULTIPOST!

...Reckon you could condense all that in to a single reply next time?
Lt. Commander
# 266
12-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbert View Post
This is more or less how it works now. Flying in the T1 ship was taking way too long to move up to T2 and T3 before F2P. T3 was about equal to T4, but T4 was more or less pretty useless as a ship class imo, I was always trying to just get enough SP to get the T5 ship before going back to mopping up cardassian missions. T5 is endgame ships, so in a sense it's eternal, at least until T5 + 1 ships come out on the C-Store. Finally, silver players need to grind dil for T4+ ships (or use the c-points -dil exchange); gold players get 1 T4 and 1 T5 ship for free (and don't get me started on the VA token because you're only "being deprived" of the 3 vanity VA ships on fed side and 2 on the KDF side - I could care less about those).
You didn't understand what I had in mind.

Granted I didn't explain all that well.

Let's call the old progression for "normal".

Tier 1 = 0.5 * normal
Tier 2 = normal
Tier 3 = twice the rime to level Tier 2
Tier 4 = twice the time to level Tier 3
Tier 5 = twice the time to level Tier 4
Tier 6 = twice the time to level Tier 5

The lack of content in this model isn't a problem as this game is a grindfest anyway.