Lt. Commander
# 31
11-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Don't disagree with the logic but this is a technicality.

If they think creating a new Season out of the Tribble changes that we mostly don't want and writing off 2011 as a "bad year" and papering over it is going to work, it won't. People have already given up, I'm only still around to put aside some crafting stuff. Then I'll ignore it until some new content (whether they want to call it a Season or not) interests me, do that, then go back to ignoring it again. Maybe pop back in briefly when I feel like ship-spinning.

The worst part about the STFs and those gear grinds is that they'll be like the Red Alerts. Everyone will be all over it all the time during the initial Gold Rush, then it'll be way more difficult to get that stuff because nobody will still be playing.
Valid points. It's just we've been presented with seasons as +0.1 patch increments before. I think if they'd called this Patch 1.41 (or season 4.1) and the next patch 1.42 (or season 4.2) and so on would be an attempt to downplay the severity of the changes beingmade in the patch and paper over how underwhelming season 4 was for many players by stopping the clock and keeping it artificially season 4 until players are happy with it.

This way, you may not be HAPPY with season 4 or season 5 but at least you have a convenient way of labeling a large chunk of systems changes when giving feedback. The alternative would be the potentially even more deceptive tack of extending Season 4 until players have a list of features they like in it like a couple of Featured Episodes, so that Cryptic can point to those and say, "But you LOVED some parts of Season 4! See? It was a mixed bag!"
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm getting the feeling that Cryptic thinks we are completely stupid customers. Like one person said Starfleet Academy already was in Season 4 so thats a bust. A tighter KDF? All you guys did was remove 20 levels of the faction and jumble around the stuff we already had which was limited in itself so its not an improvement just Cryptics version of a shell game. These patrol things to I've been meaning to ask on this does this count for the KDF too? I'm betting not since we only have the one which Its great it was out repeatable emblem/dilithium grinder but I'm not against the grind but I do like variety and the KDF needs it badly not just the federation which I am pretty sure is what is going to happen to us 18%. In a lot of ways I feel really stupid for going against my better judgement and keeping my sub going. Lack of content and trying to be understanding due to the company's hardship but then insult me with bold faced lies thinking I'm too stupid to know any better is crossing the line and is taking a mix of loyalty to the franchise, to the game, and sympathy to the company down to zero respect and out right disgust.
Lt. Commander
# 33 Why am I not suprised
11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
So, basically they are taking the F2P conversion and declaring that it + borg ground +doffs + bug fixes is season five?

Fine, its Season five. We know it isn't, but you guys keep on calling it what you want if it helps you all sleep at night.

What kills me is the contradiction at speeding up leveling.

We were told that leveling was going to be slowed down by mutiple processes, including the need to gate materials.

Now it all makes sense. TONS of people are going to hit VA1 and not have ANYTHING to buy decent gear. What can they do? Grind for dilithium or buy cpoints and buy dilithium. Either way, this maxmizes the cstore and monetizes not only crafting, but getting any kind of decent gear in a reasonable tiemframe of becoming VA1.

For those of us who have matured toons, it isnt going to matter too much I suppose.

So what is going to happen? People will join and hit VA1 so fast that the only ones who will stick around are those who WANT pay2win.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be such a killjoy. I sincerely belive that leaving in the faster progression rate will utterly ruin and yes, DOOM, this game.

Take my opinion for what you will, but I am begging you, and I mean it, please don't implement the faster progression rate. I've never begged for anything in my life. Please don't ruin this game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I take it the KDf revamp comes after F2P still?
No hints there?
Not even a glimmer.

I guess the prerelease-F2P downloading and testing phase begins on holedeck.
Now where did I leave that giant hamster wheeel?
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-28-2011, 06:04 PM
So let's just look past Season 4 like it never happened... oh, wait.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Wait - so most of the stuff that is Season 5 is actually just stuff that was missing from Season 4?

Meaning that, so far, every "Season" we've gotten is nothing more than a fancy gimmick and with very little actual content?
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
There aren't enough l's and o's available to give an adequate response to these blogs.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Wait - so most of the stuff that is Season 5 is actually just stuff that was missing from Season 4?

Meaning that, so far, every "Season" we've gotten is nothing more than a fancy gimmick and with very little actual content?
I think it's better to define season 4 as having some broken promises and missed expectations than to just keep it season 4 for the next 18 months while every feature Dan Stahl ever hinted at for season 4 comes to pass so they can say, "See! We did everything we said we'd do in Season 4!" instead of admitting they didn't do everything they'd planned in season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Pathetic, there I said it.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
For "Call to Arms", how about "Hemingway tribble" or "bullfight tribble"? (Yes, I know it's "A Farewell to Arms" :p)