Lt. Commander
# 1 New Chracter Problems
12-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Hiya all, i haven't played for a while and when i saw the duty officer feature, i jumped on and i like it, it makes me feel abit more in the star trek universe, but the problem is now that the gear for your ship is rather poorly implemented.

I mean you can't buy any Mk IIs or Mk IVs and so on white quality items anyway for energy credits, besides the Exchange that is and that place is WAY overpriced.

So right now as it stands, the only way to get that rank of gear when you need it, is to just play enough to get more dilithium and repeat the 3hr cooldown 3 system mission and still it will take a LONG time to get the gear you need.

Which means, you will have to spend hours, upon hours doing this single mission, over and over and over again to make sure you have enough dilithium for the gear of the ranks that follow, which means, you will be leveling up via that way and being over-leveled for the real episodes.

So, beyond doing crafting, which i find absolutely boring beyond belief.....never liked crafting in any game, you are stuck with gear your ship gets when you get them, which isn't a good thing at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if cryptic released a item for more dilithium in the c-store for x amount of real life money, because doing a mission once every 3hrs for a pitiful amount of dilithium is really not a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 04:29 PM
That would be a waist of time. The missions in the early part of the game give you uncommon gear to gear your ship fully with mk II green gear. It is not worth the time under the rank of Admiral to buy Dilithium gear, just save all your Dilithium till then. Common gear is plenty to level up in, but if you want to put in a little time, crafting is a good way to get odd mark gear at lower levels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion1701 View Post
That would be a waist of time. The missions in the early part of the game give you uncommon gear to gear your ship fully with mk II green gear. It is not worth the time under the rank of Admiral to buy Dilithium gear, just save all your Dilithium till then. Common gear is plenty to level up in, but if you want to put in a little time, crafting is a good way to get odd mark gear at lower levels.
I am talking about a common gear vendor for energy credits, where you can get odd and even common gear to start you off with your new character and new ships and so on.

There is a common gear vendor next to the dilithium gear vendor, but the stuff you can get from that vendor is EXTREMELY limited to the point of no point it being there.