Lt. Commander
# 11
11-29-2011, 01:28 PM
I agree with anazonda ones that give you better hitpoints or power levels are best the power transfer one for eng console is also great keeps your enery weapons power level up EPS Flow regulator i think its called. Even with all my beams going i still keep power level above 90 and I have 6 beams
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-30-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm an Excelsior driver. Maybe these can help.

-Tac: Easy, go with what you use. Find out the energy type of your beam weapons and equip accordingly. Same for your torpedo weapons. With my excelsior, which uses phaser beam arrays and quantum torpedoes, I use two Phaser Relay consoles and one Zero Point console. (NOTE: If you're using antiproton, just settle for the generic beam/cannon boosting console. A decent Antiproton Mag Regulator is as rare as a unicorn.)

-Sci: I stick my borg console there too. Excelsiors don't have much going for them sci-wise, so it's a good place to stick a spare universal console. As for the other console slot? Go with what you use? Use hazard emitters? Take a Halon System console, etc. Or... you can't go wrong with a biofunction monitor.

-Eng: That's up to you. Shield boosting and hull repair consoles are always a good choice, and I always pack at least one EPS console.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger.Lee View Post
This sounds major - can you elaborate?
Well.. Playing on tribble for the last 3 weeks, it seems that alot of sci specific skills are having their bonuses reduced. Elaborating on this, would suck, because i would'n make it to work today.

At the same time all Sci consoles are having their bonuses changed into somthing else... For example, one console that used to benefit, i think, SNB or somthing like that, now serves as a anti-hold console.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
A decent Antiproton Mag Regulator is as rare as a unicorn
On the unusual occasions when I have actually seen a rare Mk XI in the Exchange, they *start* at about 500K apiece. More likely, the best you can find are Uncommon Mk XIs.

My cat Tac has nothing *but* those in his Tac console slots; the reason is because he uses *one* dual beam bank in order to include a Beam Overload in his alpha strike. I figure that foregoing the extra +6 damage from his cannons and turrets are worth the extra DPS the array can put out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-01-2011, 09:49 AM
I am a VA and my AC runs like this:

Engineering = Field generator, plasma manifold, neturonim armour and EPS console
Sci = Borg console, Halon console
Tac = 3x Phaser +26

Depending on my mood I will swap the netronium for another console.

With my build on tribble I could not drop the halaon console and use it for what ever special console device I wish to throw in there.

just my two pence worth ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoodcock01 View Post
With my build on tribble I could not drop the halaon console and use it for what ever special console device I wish to throw in there.

just my two pence worth ;-)
The Halon console helps that much?

What about tossing in the Anti-matter spread console if you have that one unlocked?
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
The Halon console helps that much?

What about tossing in the Anti-matter spread console if you have that one unlocked?
The first sci console slot should go to your borg console.

The second one to whatever talent you have. Maybe you're good at scrambling sensors and that antimatter spread makes sense. Or maybe you have Hazard Emitter skills and the Halon console makes more sense. It's whatever you get the most out of at any given time.

And if all else fails... I always maintain that you can never go wrong with a Biofunction Monitor. Dead and injured crew affect your cooldown times, and that can screw you at the worst times.