Lt. Commander
So dev blog #24 stated that the game was going to have a faster progression curve indeed. So this leads me to believe that the levelling curve will be the same that is on Tribble. Someone can confirm this?

Also, if my assumption is true, I must ask: does this makes sense? I mean, when stormshade was interviewed by Priority One, they said that they was aiming at slowing down the game. It was because this they were introducing high dilithium prices on high end gear. Even if my assumption is wrong. They clearly stated that they will be making progression faster (perhaps not so fast as on tribble, but faster than on holodeck). This would not make sense. What will happen is: people will come. Level up faster than the Enterprise-D running away from Q, see that the only thing that remained to do is to grind, leave the game until more missions is released.

So, from all this, I think that some dev should answer why they are doing this. It is something that for what I'm seeing, doesn't bring any benefit for Cryptic or players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-29-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm curious to know too.

I thought the idea was to SLOW down leveling so people don't reach endgame within a few days, get bored, and quit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-29-2011, 01:04 PM
When I read that part of the dev blog, I was like.... wut??
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-29-2011, 01:07 PM
So you can hurry and get to the level to do a hundred STFs to get the new sets that are cool looking (when the graphics finally work) but not all that...?
That must be it....because there's not much else to do at level cap.
Either that or they're about to unleash a bunch of new missions for endgame...of course...that must be it...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd say it's part of their big gamble to lure players to spend c-points. You hit cap fast, there seem to be a lot of missions still available (wow so much endgame content!) - but your ship and equipment is vastly outdated. So either spend months with sub par equipment - or spend c-points...
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I'd say at least part of it is an attempt to match leveling speed to the currently available number of missions, so that you reach max level near the same time that you run out of story missions to play for the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
I'd say at least part of it is an attempt to match leveling speed to the currently available number of missions, so that you reach max level near the same time that you run out of story missions to play for the first time.
If they put the current tribble xp live you can be VA after 1/2 - 2/3 of the missions done.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
If they put the current tribble xp live you can be VA after 1/2 - 2/3 of the missions done.
Well, let's hope they don't....Dev have posted that the mission rewards have been deliberatly increased to help players level faster to test the "improved" end game stuff.
You'd think they'd tweek it a little on Tribble first.
I'm not sure how it'll work live, I'm sure they have a plan.
Now...will it be a good one?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Perhaps less. I reached VA when I was to start the romulan FE. So, 2 FE episodes not completed, all the cardassian front and borg front and undine front not complete.

Now, if they are doing this just to give the ellusion of "high amounts of end game content", it's real bad. well, tha fast levelling is bad, don't mind the motive. I mean, you are an ensign that barely left the academy. It is not suposed to you be an admiral in a month. There is no case of this on Star Trek. Well, actually "there is" one case. On the last movie, kirk made from the academy to capitain of the enterprise on a couple of days. But that movie was not Star Trek. Abrams itself told it looked to star wars to do the movie.

Anyway, evebn though we don't jnow the details yet, I have a bad feeling about this. On my opinion, the level curve was good. For sure they could tweak a bit. On early levels, I remeber having to go do some explorations missions, when I was actually wishing to go do the next mission on the history arc. Perhaps was this they were talking about. That is why I posted. On the hope some one that knows the precise answer could answer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Well, let's hope they don't....Dev have posted that the mission rewards have been deliberatly increased to help players level faster to test the "improved" end game stuff.
You'd think they'd tweek it a little on Tribble first.
I'm not sure how it'll work live, I'm sure they have a plan.
Now...will it be a good one?

They already setting prepatching up, so no more testing on tribble. Leading us to:

a) no change to holodecks leveling speed --> leaving us with an ep not knowing whats going on in his game
b) current "tested" tribble level advancement goes live --> cryptic mislead / lied to us about "just for testing purposes"
c) they come up with something else aimed somewhere between live and tribbe --> leaving us with devs ignoring their testing environment and pushing stuff untested live to the now paid beta test server [seeing what the doff system went through from patch to patch possible the worst option].