Lt. Commander
# 1 MK IX rare kits
11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I asked this in the F2P section, but no one responded.

I will ask it again here.

On Earth Space Dock there are two vendors selling Rare Mk IX kits. One sells them for energy credits (as before). The other sells them for dilithium. Obviously this was an oversight. Is the intention to continue selling these for energy credits or to start selling them for dilithium?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Rare MK IX gear is only sold for diliffium, so I guess the EC vendor will soon have those kits sold out. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
If that is true then I guess it is time to stock up before F2P then.

But this has always been available for EC on holodeck, so I was wondering if it would continue being available on Tribble. Adding the kits to the other vendor for dilithium does not make it look promising.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, kits actually are the only thing which can be crafted without dilithium at Memory Alpha (because they are never bound), purrhaps they might just stay? However, I have already stated that as a bug in another thread earlier, some weeks ago, that it's cunfusing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Yes, I have been trying to figure out if this is intentional or an oversight. It could be how they intend for it to work (maybe MK XI or MK XII kits are coming soon) or it could be something they missed.

Either way, it will probably be a few weeks at least before they fix it, so any crafting supplies I get after the new build hits holodeck are going toward making very rare kits. I think we should also stock up on the MK IX blue kits just in case they become dilithium only.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Yes, I have been trying to figure out if this is intentional or an oversight. It could be how they intend for it to work (maybe MK XI or MK XII kits are coming soon) or it could be something they missed
Previously they were avaiable with Badges of Exploration and EC. Since badges are now dilithium it makes (some) sense that they are now selling them for dilthium and EC
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Previously they were avaiable with Badges of Exploration and EC. Since badges are now dilithium it makes (some) sense that they are now selling them for dilthium and EC
Who would spend dilithium instead of energy credits though?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Who would spend dilithium instead of energy credits though?
People who don't realize you can buy them with ECs. At least now the vendors are right next to each other so it's harder to miss.