Lt. Commander
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111119a.6

General:
  • Prototype Science Consoles are now being given proper GPL value at Ferengi vendors.
  • The waypoint markers on the compass are no longer white squares.
  • Resolved an issue in the tutorial that could cause the Vega ground mission "Assimilation" to fail to complete.
  • Updated the FX for Polaron Space weapons.
  • FX for NPC dual cannons will now correctly display.
    • You will now see bad guys shoot at you again.
  • The Edit Record window no longer displays costs in Dilithium.
  • Ship bridge officer stations now update correctly and do not require changing maps or relogging.
  • Queue-specific bans no longer prevent you from joining any queue.
  • New Klingons get their bonus Duty Officer packs at levels 24 and 27 now instead of 12 and 22.
  • Crafting materials purchased with dilithium may now be purchased in stacks.

Known Issues:
  • Completed Duty Officer assignments are not granting any rewards.
    • DO NOT TURN IN YOUR COMPLETED DUTY OFFICER ASSIGNMENTS IF YOU WANT TO GET THE REWARDS FOR THEM.
  • The STF queue timeout is incorrectly set for 15 minutes.
  • Elite Uniforms: M.A.C.O, Honor Guard, and Omega Squad uniforms currently have issues with color selection
    • Sometimes there are swatches that do not appear to alter your costume or swatches that give you too many options.
    • In final release these will be fixed and many parts will use restricted color sets.
  • Sector maps do not zoom out all the way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
  • Ship bridge officer stations now update correctly and do not require changing maps or relogging.
Does this mean no more bridge officer clones? It was quite disconcerting to see twins or even triplets on my bridge. Would be really awesome if this finally got fixed!

EDIT: Actually reading this again, I don't think this is what the fix fixed. So any word on when the clone boffs problem will be fixed? I know this is not that serious of an issue, but it would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
now hold on I wouldn't actually mind having some extra Linerated Borg engineers...DO you know how hard it is KDF side to find an engineer with efficient traint? All of KDF have just the one liberated Borg Engineer that has it... I got a Feddy that has three engineers with that trait.. (I think, 2 for sure..but I'm pretty sure I picked up a Saurian with it... I just dont play them that often..)
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
"Queue-specific bans no longer prevent you from joining any queue."

*blank stare*

*reads again*

*blink*

nope... that makes no sense...

and i guess "swatches" means "switches", right?

...list seems pretty short... this is only the small tuesday fix right?
the big thursday patch will be longer i hope?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
"Queue-specific bans no longer prevent you from joining any queue."

*blank stare*

*reads again*

*blink*

nope... that makes no sense...

and i guess "swatches" means "switches", right?

...list seems pretty short... this is only the small tuesday fix right?
the big thursday patch will be longer i hope?
Swatches as in color swatches.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Hmm a short and sweet update with no mention of a fix for the Event Calendar crashing your game when you open it, this is definitely not going to Holodeck this Thursday then.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I emplore someone over there to step forward and explain to us the reasoning for these things, why they were done, why there is no movement toward a mutually satisfactory solution, and if we will see these things addressed or fixed before F2P?

To reiterate....
  • What is being done about the harhness of the dilithium tax and loss on conversion?
  • Will there be an inventory aid to help us with the burden of all the new additional currencies that have been introduced?
  • Will exploration remain in a state of shambles and near uselessness other than a daily 3-stop and what about aid missions not granting anything anymore?
  • Are the DESs going to get a similar replayability facelift and if so when will they be back?
  • What about the illogical placement of the FEs in the interwoven story? Will you consider keeping those seperate?
  • When can we expect crafting to be re-built from the utter wreck the current meager crafting system was left in?
  • Are you preparing Klingon content and when can we expect to see it? (i.e. how soon is soon?)
  • Will there be additional functionality to ship interiors (the #1 request during beta) since the removal of half of its functionality?

...and yes, like many players feel now, I do feel like I am talking to a wall
...and yes, I am very uneasy about the Tribble build going live when it does not include such things

Think of it this way Cryptic -
  • You give us events - BUT - take away exploration
  • You give us a consolodate currency - BUT - added in additional inventory related currencies and take away 30% of our time.
  • You give us a new mission selection screen - BUT - take a way one function of ship interiors
  • You give us scaling mission rewards - BUT - take away Deep Space Encounters

So far for most of what you have given, you have taken away or removed something of equal or greater value to us. I say most because the Doff system and STF changes were solid givens.

This almost makes Season 5 - F2P a wash with little gain and heavy losses... Just food for thought.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-29-2011, 12:28 PM
the two shields-bug that was in the last patch-notes, but wasn't fixed, is fixed now?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
  • Queue-specific bans no longer prevent you from joining any queue.
Should "any queue" be "any other queue"
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
When is the expected up time?